My husband and I traveled May 24-31st to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed here on our honeymoon a few years ago, and decided to try it again after reading several other reviews for different resorts. We couldn't have been happier with our decision. Upon arriving, we were greeted from the bellman who took our bags and escorted us to the check in desk. The lady was fast, very friendly and accommodated all of our requests.
Our room 2226 was very clean, and seemed to have been recently updated with new paint, bedding, and furniture. It did get a bit warm at night, but with the ceiling fan on we slept great. On our balcony we could see the water in the distance which was so nice. However, it did back up to the next resort, so at night if it was really quiet in our room we could hear the other entertainment. It never bothered us or kept us awake.
The food was decent. It wasn't the best food I have ever eaten, however, everything was fine. The buffet had a variety of foods to choose from, and if you didn't like something you could get something different. We dined at every specialty restaurant. We did not care for the tropical restaurant at all. We felt the food was very overcooked, and didn't have much flavor. The Italian restaurant was nice and the food was decent. I had a pasta dish with seafood, and it didn't do much for me, however, my husband had another dish and we both loved it. The Steakhouse was wonderful. The meat was flavorful and not fatty at all. Just be aware that since it is a resort, the steaks aren't as big and thick as you may purchase from a local steakhouse or supermarket. Our favorites were the Japanese and Mexican restaurants. The Hibachi was very entertaining and it was fun to sit with others and chat while watching them prepare the meal. The sushi was very tasty as well. If you eat at the Mexican restaurant I highly recommend the Flaming Tequila Beef. It tasted fabulous and you had a wonderful presentation.
The nightly entertainment was fun, sort of cheesy, but it amazed me to see how much hard work the Star Friends put in to make everything exciting. The best shows to attend are the Mr/Mrs. Iberostar and the Perfect Couple. They are hilarious.
All in all everything was fantastic, the grounds staff, bartenders, and Star Friends made it an even better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, VISIT US, INC. , Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico