February 1st for two weeks. First time to Mexico, what a lovely time and here are my views,
To get there was with Thomas cook head wind so an 11 hr flight. Quick through the airport and then the transfer. This took three hrs because of the drop offs, the Iberostar being the last one. I would recommend a taxi from the airport and not the transfer.
The hotel was fantastic the staff were so helpful and nice. There were staff cleaning the hotel throughout the day, looking after the grounds and making sure that all was well.
Rooms were absolutely fine comfy bed tea making facility and soft drinks and beer in the fridge replaced every two days.
The food was plentiful and varied for all tastes, salads, curry, pizza, pasta and much more.
The pool was vast and spotless, there is an adult swim pool and bar looked great but not for us. A small child's pool.
The beach was stunning, went here every day, sea warm and clear. In the mornings we walked to the headland to the right of the hotel, took about 30 mins beautiful walk with no hotels, just jungle and beach. Turn left and walk you go towards Cancun, this was busy with hotels but still a nice walk.
The star friends worked hard to keep everyone entertained lots of games if you wanted them and left you alone if you wanted peace.
Went on the X plore day with the zip lines, amphibious vehicle and caves, fantastic fun and a full day. We also swam with dolphins on the Delphinos trip a half day wonderful experience, but the photographs were extortionate and you cant use your own camera.
Ladies and gents if you want a beautiful hotel as busy or quiet as you want it, lovely relaxing grounds and beach with very good food and glorious weather, then look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Visit Us Inc., Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico