The resort is wonderful. My husband and I travelled with our children, their spouses, friends and our grandson. Check-in was a breeze, our rooms weren't ready and we didn't expect them to be as we arrived at the resort before noon. So we left our luggage (in secure area) and changed into beach wear and proceeded to the buffet (if you can't find something to eat here,you have to be a picky eater). Then onto the beach! The beach is awesome.
The resort is clean, the jungle walks are so very interesting, wild life everywhere, loved it.
We had an ocean front room and loved it. We ate at the japanese, mexican and steak house, my favourite was the Mexican...so good. Staff bend over backwards to help you or to serve you, we wanted for nothing. There was no issues supplying a crib for our room and one for my daughter and son-in-laws as we took turns when he napped and our room was closet to the beach. We did pay for wifi in our room but it was a bargain at $45.00 us as the Olympics were on and hey nothing says Canadian like sitting on the beach, soaking in the sun and listening to hockey games! I would recommend this resort to anyone. It's a $10.00 cab ride/w tip to Playa del Carmen and you if don't want to go into town, just walk out of the resort turn left, walk for 10 minutes and you will see a strip mall with Starbucks and local souvenier shops. It is very safe to walk here as it is a gated community. The Star friends and the nightly shows were entertaining and the Lobby bar was a big hit. My grandson loved the pool and the ocean as well as the peacocks. This is a great place for good food, to relax and have some fun. You will not be disappointed if you pick this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Visit Us Inc., Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico