Christmas vacation with 6 adults age 31-55 and 4 children age 2-9. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.
Check in was a minor hassle due to the info required to be filled out but what are you going to do. Accept it.
We enjoyed our room in the 2100 block, close to the beach but a little walk to dine. My wife and I both thought the beds were fine, not hard or soft but this is all subjective. Play hard, drink hard and you will sleep well! The rooms were very well kept and tended to daily, kudos to our maid(s).
The beach was fantastic, the 2-5 year olds needed life jackets(bring your own) for the ocean. Water was a little murky as expected when the waves are up but when wave action is low the water was clear and many schools of fish could be seen close to shore. Four of us when went on the short snorkeling tour and the 9 year old thought it was better than Xel-Ha (me too). Saw rays, sea turtle and numerous fish and coral. Pools were nice and the kiddie pool was perfect for the 2 and 4 year old. It was busy on the beach and many people had reserved chairs with their towels early however we usually found somewhere to sit. Sand was clean and easy on the feet (no rocks). Beach activities were good, zumba and beach volleyball were our passions but there were many activities throughout the day on the beach and in the pool.
We found the buffet food to be very good especially with 2 picky eaters, there was something for everyone. Water and wine was topped up often and wait staff were very good. Beverages around the resort were awesome.
We attended the nightly entertainment starting at 8 pm for the kids and the granddaughters loved taking part on stage and dancing around in front of the stage. Adult entertainment was very good and nightly humorous games with guests were entertaining.
They gave every child a gift from Santa on Christmas Eve and you could drop off a special gift at the front desk which Santa would give out as well.
A special thanks to Andres of the entertainment staff who made a special connection with our 4 and 5 year olds. They really enjoyed the extra attention he gave especially after trying to learn Spanish with him. If you take an interest in other peoples language, culture and country you will find they really open up. Some simple words go a long way...hola, gracias, por favor.
This was a great resort for a group our size and definitely recommend this resort for family vacations with children.
Tip: don't start your safe code with a zero
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Visit Us Inc., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico