We stayed in Riu Ycatan for 10 days on 9-19 November. We were 2 couples: my husband and I and my father (in a wheelchair) and his wife. It was very important to us to have an accommodation comfortable for wheelchair. It was important as well to have possibility to walk for the person who is not walking very well. The hotel provides both those features. Everything is accessible for a wheelchair and the paths are comfortable for a short walk as well (not too many stares).
The service was very good and the buffet was incredible. We liked the restaurants but found them less interesting than buffet. We were in the building 7. It was perfect location. You just make sure your room is not oriented to the lobby. We were in rooms 11 and 14 on first and third floor and it was good. The rooms at first floor are a bit out of dated which is strange since the renovations were finished just 2 month before our visit. Sometime there is a strange smell in a room but open window with fun fixed the problem.
There were no bugs at all.
The biggest downside of that hotel is a beach. It is very nice but there is not enough of shadowed places, which cause a problem.
There was no music to dance before dinner. It is expected from the hotel of 5 stars to have a little dance music in the night.
In total, I think the hotel is strong 4.5 stars. If the beach umbrellas would be installed and the dance music will be played before dinner, I would say it will be 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km/ 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In Playacar's resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey buildings * Mexican "Hacienda" style architecture * Surrounded by 40,000 m2/44,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Next to the Mexican Street * 800 m/2,650 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Yucatan Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Mexico
- Rui Yucatan
- Hotel Riu Yucatan Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico