Travel date - 28th Aug - 11th Sept 2013.
- Excursions must do’s : Coco Bongo’s, Chichen Itza (our guide Elsandro was amazing) and
- Bring mosquito cream from home and get “Off Family with aloe vera” asap when you land.
- Go to Alux, the restaurant in the cave, there is a reference on trip advisor and facebook for it.
Worth the money, get the tour.
- Refurbishment is excellent; bathrooms do lack privacy in the shower however, big boo boo was
made there by RIU.
- Entertainment is good during the day, there is a show in the evening. For experienced
RIU’ers there is Grease and Michael Jackson, however there is new shows some of which
were excellent. Overall this is was good but once the show ended that was it. Which is
disappointing, as much as the RIU song and dance was “interesting” it did give a nice transition
after the show ended and got people up and in the spirit instead of, “ok lets sleep”.
- Food was excellent; Steak house, Asian and Italian were amazing, we unfortunately didn’t book
for Mexican however we were pleased with the standard food.
- Reservation of lounger’s by the main pool was a problem, there is no reason anyone should
have to get up at 4am to reserve lounger’s (after complaining about the situation to staff etc)
only to find that other guest have thrown their stuff and towels aside and put their stuff in the
- The new chill out pool is great if you want a quiet day just relaxing and the young barmaid
there was lovely and always had a smile and a laugh with everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km/ 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In Playacar's resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey buildings * Mexican "Hacienda" style architecture * Surrounded by 40,000 m2/44,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Next to the Mexican Street * 800 m/2,650 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Yucatan Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Mexico
- Rui Yucatan
- Hotel Riu Yucatan Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico