Stayed at this hotel with the wife Nov/Dec 2012. Had a fantastic time. All, and I mean all, the staff were very helpful. The entertainment team around the pools and beach were excellent it was non stop entertainment all day everyday. We never joined in but it was so much fun to watch. The bar staff were brilliant as well and are on the go all day. The hotel is a little bit rustic (getting refurbed this year) but the rustic look was fine, and very clean. Food and drinks were good and plenty of, beers and spirits in the room and once again plenty of. The themed nights in the restaurant the steak night was well worth it, the Mexican night was also good. We didn't do the Asian night but a lot of people said it wasn't worth it. Each themed night has to be booked at the main restaurant as early as possible (before 8am preferably).
Visits - the dolphins in Playa del Carmen was a great visit but the photos are very expensive so be careful. If you visit the Tullum ruins get one of the local combi buses it cost £14 the whole visit instead of £40 on a tour, spent the savings on a meal in Playa Del Carmen which is worth a visit because its a good night out and safe for tourists if you stayed in the main areas. The locals are very friendly as well. Best night of the holiday was spent at The Coco Bongo club in Playa Del Carmen (£60 for 2) Me and the wife are in our 50's and had a great time with a good mix of ages watching the show, it's incredible and honestly never seen or experienced anything like it - a MUST. Tipped the waiter (2 Dollars) and he kept coming back didn't even get a tip most times. The above price includes entry and all drinks and you get plenty of drinks as well. Book outside the hotel (by Riu Tequila) it must cheaper. Definitely would go back to the Riu Yucatan had a great time loads of wildlife in hotel grounds was a massive plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km/ 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In Playacar's resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey buildings * Mexican "Hacienda" style architecture * Surrounded by 40,000 m2/44,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Next to the Mexican Street * 800 m/2,650 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Yucatan Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Mexico
- Rui Yucatan
- Hotel Riu Yucatan Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico