So just back from the Riu Yucatan after a 7 day with my wife and 3 College aged kids. We stayed in Building 5 on the third floor and were close to everything. No noise issues although we were out and about until midnight all nights but had no trouble sleeping.
I read all reviews before choosing the Yucatan and most of them were accurate both good and bad. My perspective is simple. I have worked for years in the Hotel industry and subsequently have travelled the world for technology companies and have cruised and resorted many times.
There is no secret in this business. The property is a little old ( facelift coming) but absolutely a great facility. The lobby always had activity going on.....the lobby bar was fun.... the dining areas were clean and always found places to eat. The pool was oustanding....outside bars always rocking.....one of the nicest theatres we've experienced........beach was beautiful, clean, and never a problem getting a chair ( and we always needed 5 ). The entertainment team were oustanding as was their choice of programs.
Food was fine with plenty of choice......folks let me assure you that when you are cooking for 1200 plus people there is no magic....it is going to be ok not gourmet. All clean...and most had some flavour.
What set this trip apart for us was that every employee of this resort made us feel like family.....now it did help that we happen to be a welcoming group who smile first but everyone went out of their way to be nice to us.
Go down with a good attitude and realistic expectations and you will have an amazing trip
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km/ 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In Playacar's resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey buildings * Mexican "Hacienda" style architecture * Surrounded by 40,000 m2/44,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Next to the Mexican Street * 800 m/2,650 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Yucatan Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Mexico
- Rui Yucatan
- Hotel Riu Yucatan Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico