The Riu Yucatan is a very nice hotel, situated in the Playacar section of Playa Del Carmen. I mention this because the Playacar section of Playa Del Carmen, is a gated and secured resort community, which only serves to enhance the appeal of the hotel. You are tucked away in a gated community and not subject to peddlers every time you walk off property.
I have stayed at several other Riu resorts, so I sort of knew what to expect going in, and I was not disappointed. The resort is large, and rather spread out, so you never feel "on top of" one and another. The food was very good, and plentiful, with loads of variety -- I don't think that I ate the same thing twice in the two weeks I was there. The drinks were well made, not to weak, not to strong, and best of all they were plentiful and easy to get with no wait.
I cannot say enough nice things about the staff at the hotel, check in was quick and easy, my room was always clean, my mini bar always fully stocked, and when the time came, check out was quick and easy too. As good as the rest of the staff was, the bar and animation staff were even better, the animation staff got to know your name, and what activities you enjoyed, and did their best to get you involved and having fun. The bar staff would get to know your name, favorite drink, and strike up conversation and get everyone talking and having a good time.
The grounds were beautifully set, and well maintained with a true tropical feel, while the buildings seemed to blend into the backdrop. The rooms were a little dated, as was the decor in the lobby and main restaurant, but this really didn't bother me. I herd the place is to receive a remodel in the spring, so I am sure the place will get all "spruced up" for my trip back next winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24h All Inclusive Hotel Riu Yucatan opens all year round and is located directly on the beautiful Playa del Carmen. The RIU Classic Hotels offer comfortable rooms and excellent facilities with great leisure and relaxation facilities, as well as international gastronomy. Enjoy a relaxing holiday - whether alone, with family, partner or friends! The location is ideal because of its proximity to Cancun Airport CUN (55km), Cancún city (60 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 507 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax in our spa or get in shape at the gym. 4 outdoor pools, 1 children's pool. For the youngest guests, there is the RiuLand Kids Club (ages 4-7 & 8-12 years) and for adults, day and evening entertainment. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main restaurant, Asian, Mexican, Italian specialty restaurants, Steakhouse, and 5 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Yucatan Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Mexico
- Rui Yucatan
- Hotel Riu Yucatan Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico