Despite Thomsons assurance that the work going on at the next door hotel Riu Palace was internal only, this is not the case. They have been installing new swimming pools and are in the process of replacing all patio doors, and yes the place is a building site. Be aware that they are refurbishing the Riu Yucatan next spring. Although the noise is minimal most of the time, it is there specially if you are put into block one. One night they pumped concete all night, very noisy.
Hotel: good but tired. Food: excellent. Staff: couldn't be more helpful. The only thing that for me spoilt the holiday was the fact there is no escaping the noise of the animation team. There is no quite bar to sit and have a relaxing drink in peace, but that may be my age!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km/ 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In Playacar's resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey buildings * Mexican "Hacienda" style architecture * Surrounded by 40,000 m2/44,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Next to the Mexican Street * 800 m/2,650 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Yucatan Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Mexico
- Rui Yucatan
- Hotel Riu Yucatan Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico