“Absolutely LOVED this hotel !!”

Hotel Riviera Caribe Maya
Ranked #22 of 166 Playa del Carmen B&B and Inns
BC
“Absolutely LOVED this hotel !!”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We spent 4 nights here at the end of feb. with our 3yr old daughter. We had a king suite, 2 bedrooms, with a balcony. From check in (speedy, friendly) to our spacious, spotless, beautiful room, amazing bathroom with jacuzzi tub and wonderful soaps/shampoos, to the free wifi and computer to use, to the lovely small pool, to the super helpful and wonderful staff, everything was lovely. The location is also perfect being one block from 5th yet still quiet. Could not have asked for more, except maybe 8 nights??!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank CelestialNymph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 4, 2011

It was like pulling teeth to find a nice, quiet, clean, non mildew/moldy/musty scented room. I’m very pleased and had no problems during my stay in room #207 with private balcony, overlooking the courtyard pool. The room is located above the lobby and not once did I hear the sounds and commotion of reception activity. The front desk (JJ, you are awesome!!) and staff are very warm, helpful and accommodating. The property is far from all the noise, but yet very close to 5th avenue (1 block) and the beach (3 blocks) to mamitas and kool beach clubs. The bed was firm and had no problems sleeping. I fell in love with the balcony which overlooked the quiet pool. This hotel has taught me to be less high maintenance, realizing that it’s all about the location, comfort and great rates!! Thank you Hotel Riviera Caribe Maya for making my first visit to playa a most memorable, relaxing, safe, secure and enjoyable! Count on me coming back!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank serrano930
Poland
Reviewed February 26, 2011

For the price we paid (around 55 USD), it was a pretty good deal. Comfortable , air conditioned room, location about 5 mins from the beach, very helpful staff, who suggested us some local taco- bars and stands , where mostly local people eat.
Breakfast is very basic (a few toasts, jam and coffee) and is not served at the hotel, but in a italian restaurant about 150 meters away.
During our stay there were some problems with wireless internet in the hotel, but that was the only problem during our stay

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed February 17, 2011

For the price and location you can't go wrong with this hotel. At the very least you can be gaurenteed a decent, quiet, clean stay, and you get a pool. We had a great stay at this hotel. One of the staff, a young guy whose name I wish I could remember, was really sweet and helpful. Gave us great suggestions for food and all around friendly.

Hotel was quiet, and had a nice pool. We stayed in a standard room, so it wasn't as plush as some of the balcony rooms, but clean and suited our needs. The beds were hard and pillows lumpy, but we were so exhausted at the end of the day it wasn't a problem. TV small in the standard room, larger in the others.

There is a computer with internet for guests in the lobby. You get coupons for mamita's beach club for 1/2 off chairs and an umbrella.

Have stayed at this hotel two years in a row.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We found this hotel to be in a very convenient location, just a block from the shopping- friendly 5th Ave. Staff was polite and helpful. The place was clean and attractive. The pool area was very shaded and the pool is small but we were headed to the beach anyways and the beach in Playa is gorgeous.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denise181718
Secaucus, New Jersey
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Just a brief note. Service here is way above average and everyone is more than willing to accomodate. The hotel and it's rooms are very clean and you get much more for your money here than you would get elsewhere. We stayed at a different hotel last year for twice as much and got at least 30% more space here at Hotel Riviera Caribe Maya. You will not be dissapointed for what you pay for here. There is also a good restaurant adjoining the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
A suburb of Detroit
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I've reviewed this hotel before, but things were different this time so I wanted to write a new one. In previous stays at this hotel, I had stayed in standard rooms (which, btw are incredible) but this time I had my kids with me, so we stayed in the King Suite. This was a 2 bedroom suite with a balcony. The bathroom is bigger than the standard rooms, with the inclusion of a bathtub (the standards have only a shower). The balcony runs along both bedrooms, each with their own patio doors. It was really a great set up for a family.

More important than the room itself, though, is the service. The staff at this hotel are really fantastic. Always friendly and welcoming, every time I've stayed there (a total of 3 times now). They are very helpful- I don't speak Spanish, and I had to ask some questions at the bus station. So one of the men at the front desk wrote out all my questions for me in Spanish, then translated the answers for me. :) They were great with my kids, and made the stay really enjoyable for all of us.

The prices are reasonable, even in the minibar. And the room rates are well below what they could charge for a hotel of this value.

I absolutely recommend this hotel, and I will be staying there many more times I'm sure.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family