“Inconsistent”
Review of Wicky's - CLOSED

Wicky's
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Wicky’s features spectacular beachfront location in the heart of Playa del Carmen offering breakfast, lunch and dinner specializing in Certified Angus Beef and fresh market seafood from 7am to Midnight. Join us during the day at our beach club for a fun or relaxing day overlooking the beautiful Caribbean waters from our white sandy beach or indulge in the sun from our seaside terrace or keep cool in our air-conditioned restaurant with free WiFi. Wicky's Playa del Carmen accommodates weddings, beach ceremonies, Mayan ceremonies, meetings and special events in our private VIP room, restaurant and seaside terrace for groups of 10 to 250 people.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

As a student at a nearby Spanish language school, I visited Wicky's several times over a four week period. The food was always good, but the service was inconsistent. One time I sat at the bar for 30 minutes before I was able to order a beer. It's probably best to avoid Wicky's when it's really busy - otherwise it's fine.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I just wanted to drop you a line stating the food at Wicky was excellent, the staff Pascual and Esteban were very professional and friendly . I would highly recommend Wicky's

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Approx 3 years ago we ate dinner there and had one of the best meals in years. Service was great. The last couple the restaurant is empty and no one at the bar. We sat at the bar talking to a bartender we knew and zero people came into the place. How fresh can the food be. We looked at the menu and it is still very expensive. Charged me $15.00 for a bourbon and seven up. I will never go back. They do have an outstanding hamburger at lunch.

2  Thank Ray W
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate at this place twice. Once for dinner and once for lunch. First time we went, we had dinner, I dont remember the name of the plates (which tells you something), but i had the pasta with chicken and my husband had the spicy shrimp. The food was good, nothing out of this world, but we had some beers and enjoyed the view. Since we were staying at El Faro, the condo property in which Wicky's is at, we decided to have some lunch here. My husband ordered the 'Wicked burger' and I ordered the 'Pepe burger'. I must admit, these are by far some of the best burgers we've ever had. We're from Los Angeles, so we know a thing or two about burgers and these totally blew our mind. They were huge and the flavor was amazing. I totally recommend it for a good lunch. The waiters were also very helpful and attentive. It's a little pricey, but well worth it.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were walking the beach looking for a great place with music, beach chairs and drinks. A waiter grabbed us and we sat in four beach loungers. Spent 4 or so hours there drinking and getting in the ocean as the beach/water in front is great. Even rode the jet skis. For drinks we had Kiwi Mojitos which were great as well as the Caipiroska's. For food we had Chicken Nacho's and Chicken Fingers. Although the menu was very americanized, the quality was good. Some of the best chicken fingers we have had in a while. Waiter was fun. Much better than the Indigo Beach Club in front our our hotel and no smell.