“Fantastic Burgers and staff”
Review of Wicky's - CLOSED

Wicky's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Wicky’s features spectacular beachfront location in the heart of Playa del Carmen offering breakfast, lunch and dinner specializing in Certified Angus Beef and fresh market seafood from 7am to Midnight. Join us during the day at our beach club for a fun or relaxing day overlooking the beautiful Caribbean waters from our white sandy beach or indulge in the sun from our seaside terrace or keep cool in our air-conditioned restaurant with free WiFi. Wicky's Playa del Carmen accommodates weddings, beach ceremonies, Mayan ceremonies, meetings and special events in our private VIP room, restaurant and seaside terrace for groups of 10 to 250 people.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Burgers and staff”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Ate here last night, read reviews and wanted burgers, although they only serve them during the day we went just after 5 and the waiter asked the chef who kindly cooked us the best burgers we've had in a long time. Don't know why people were whining on here about prices excellent value for money 110 pesos for a homemade perfectly cooked burger with all the trimmings. Evening menu also looked fantastic.

• Visited November 2012

Lakewood, Washington
“Be careful!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We were staying at El Faro, hanging out in the pool and decided to order drinks from Wicky's. We had been warned that the prices were high, but what the heck, we are on vacation and want a drink without leaving the pool. We ordered 2 piña coladas, we ordered doubles knowing that they would most likely be weak. Sooooo.... The drinks were still very weak, kinda like drinking a super sweet glass of pineapple/coconut juice. And the bill? $50 USD!! $24 for a double piña colada is ridiculous. I went inside and asked them to explain the bill and I was meet with a very rude bartender, and told that the bill was correct. We might stay at El Faro again, but we will never eat at Wicky's. Too many other good places, even right next door at Zenzi the service, atmosphere, food and drinks are all better.

Niagara Falls Ontario Canada
“The Capitan visits Wickys”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Okay, so I read some reviews about Wicky's having the best burger in the world. After a morning of walking 5th Ave and bartering with the local merchants (one of my favorite pastimes), I made a point to have lunch at Wicky's. I heard the burgs were the best - and being a burg lover - I just had to try one. Well, it sure lived up to it's billing. The burg was 100% black angus and cooked to perfection. The lettuce was crisp and the tomato was great. Throw on the slice of cheese and there's your burg. I leave most of the other stuff (mustard, relish etc) off so I can really taste the burg rather than the garnish. My wife had the BEST mango daquiri ever and I dropped down a Sol. Was it the best burger in the world - well, that may be extreme - but it was in my top ten for sure. As well, the staff is great and the manager even came out to say hi and chat with us about the restaurant. All in all, worth the visit. The price was not cheap - two burgs and three drinks came to about 405 pesos - and they automatically ad a 15% tip - so 465 with tip - but it was well worth the money. Give it a visit - the view and food live up to their billing.

• Visited November 2012
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“How many times do I have repeat my order for you to still get it wrong ??????”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We had Lunch and breakfast at Wickys while on our 5 day stay at El Faro (witch is connected to the restaurant) . The Lunch was great had the Wicked burger it was great but the service sucked . The waiter was not perpared at all. He had to go back and forth for ketchup mustard mayonnaise. We asked from them all at once but he seemed to keep forgetting . We gave another try for breakfast , it got worse . I repeated my order 3 times and he repeated it back three times still wrong . Then same thing had to go back and forth for sugar salt pepper .
And last but least . The drinks smh . Ordered a few margaritas and was very disappointed . Little to no alcohol . Asked for a Patron margarita and the price was 28 bucks U.S At first I thought it was a joke but again I repeated myself and he said $ 28 usd .
Overall the food was good but the service is horrific for the price .

Mississauga
“Amazing Food & Service”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were all inclusive & ate every meal here. The food was delicious & I looked forward to every meal. We tried something different each meal & still there were a lot of items on the menu that we didn't get to taste. We loved the Creme Brulee & the French Onion soup was delicious.

Visited October 2012