Oh, where do I start.........get to resort 8 pm after an 8 hr delay at the airport – told there were not enough rooms (we had a group of 12 people) – they gave them away as we were not there when we were supposed to (because we can control the airplane)
- no rooms together (as were requested months earlier)
- after being told no rooms left – complained enough – changed some of us to other rooms (obviously there were other rooms availalbe)
- most people had a room for one night then had to change rooms the next day – some of us more than once through the week
- staff not accommodating at all – not nice
- food was not good
- toilet did not flush - rm 1604
- shower head does not stay up – had to tie a plastic bag under it so it would stay up - rm 1604
- no air conditioning in at least half of our rooms
- called several times to have it fixed – sometimes someone came – other times no one ever came – when they did come – said they would be back – never came back
- rm 2103 finally got the air fixed the day before we left – had our whole ceiling ripped open in bathroom area – had to move all our stuff out so they could fix it – could not go to bed because they were still fixing it at 11 pm
- asked to change to another resort (Occidental) – told not unless we want to pay $400-$4000 pp – but read a review – a couple had complaints and they were changed to another Occidental at no cost
- tv was fuzzy – barely see picture/almost all channels were in Spanish
- not even close to enough chairs at the pools
- even when you go down early to put towels down 7 am – they were all gone
- music at the pool was horrible
- necklace was stolen from our room – spent whole week investigating - told the cleaning staff probably stole it
- had to pay for the safe in our room
- two couples had to share someones timeshare because there were not enough rooms (even though we booked this months in advance) the doors between the rooms did not lock and there were strangers on the other side
- they slept on cots that were pushed together
- mold and smell of mildew – all rooms
- mirrors in bathrooms were all rusted – could barely see in them
- 2 couples stayed in rooms that had absolutely disgusting bathrooms – moldy
- most beds hard as a rock – not sleepable
- half of the entertainment was in Italian – they definitely cater to the Italians
- room number 1612 had a leaky toilet and when someone came to fix it they said it was the drain so he cleaned that instead of fixing the toilet and when we got back to the room it smelt like sewage, the toilet kept leaking and the room stunk.
Lost a whole day at the airport – finally get to resort at 8 pm – just want to relax – eat and get a drink – then told most of us didn’t even have rooms – spent a lot of time complaining – finally got to eat (food that was not even good) and have a drink at 9:30 ish – then spent most of our next day moving rooms and getting organized and complaining about those rooms - so we lost another almost full day there – spent most of the rest of the day and part of the next day trying to get through to travel agent – speak to our Nolitours rep, staff etc to fix problems – nothing done at all – then had to be in the lobby at 6:15 am on Friday morning to catch shuttle to airport for plane that left at 10 so also lost a day there.
So, for a 4 day vacation, we tried to make the best of it.
This is far from a 4 star resort!!
We will never go back and do not recommend it to anyone.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Allegro Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Allegro Playacar Occidental
- Playacar Resort
- Occidental Playacar
- Playa Del Carmen Allegro
- Allegro Playa Del Carmen
- Allegro Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico