Allegro Playacar
$227
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$331
$217
Barcelo.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$423
$240
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$401
$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$753
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
5,889 results
All reviewsfirst clubrooms are smallthatched rooftime sharepool baritalian restaurantentertainment staffsmall resortdifferent theme every nightlunch buffetactivity poolguest servicesgreat beachother resortsgated communityceiling fanmexican night
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great location and gardens but thats as far as it goes. Rooms awful, no nice bar areas,awful old plastic drinking cups no straws, buffet restaurants never enough plates,bowls food and service poor.Public toilet areas within the hotel yuck!!! Will be going back to the good old Riu group next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank buddy666_13
OAllegroP, Assistant Manager at Allegro Playacar, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear buddy666_13

I´m sorry to hear that your vacation did not meet your standards, as our goal is to provide all guests with an incredible experience and it appears we feel short on this during your stay.

In regards to your room, I would like to mention that our maintenance and housekeeping staff work diligently to make sure our rooms are in good working order.

I'm sorry to hear that our bars did not meet your expectations. For our guest´s security we do have plastic glasses in our bars. I’ve reviewed your feedback with our food and beverage manager and executive chef as they are always looking to improve our services.

Our public toilets are constantly supervised by our staff which make sure to clean them during the day, however I shared your comment with our housekeeping manager as we take all feedback to heart.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write this review. I do hope that you will give us a second chance.

Allegro Playacar

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We returned from the Allegro two weeks ago (re-entry is brutal), and I have to say it was a fabulous trip in every way. We were celebrating my husband’s 60th and our wedding anniversary, so I had contacted Erika through Allegro’s Facebook page to ask about various things. Erika and her staff are awesome! She always replied immediately to any message I sent, she welcomed us when we arrived, and she arranged all sorts of special little treats throughout our stay that were so unexpected but made us feel very special. If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to contact her.
As for the resort itself, our last visit was eight years ago, and we were so pleased that it is still the same beautiful, charming and immaculate resort that we remembered. I agree with all of the other reviewers who mention how nice it is to be in a small resort where you can easily walk from one end to the other in five minutes, a beautiful walk, by the way. It’s fun to keep a watch out for a capybara or a coati, animals that are new to us “Northerners.” I would like to thank each and every employee of the resort for such a great stay. Everyone works so hard, from the front desk staff to the wait staff to the bartenders to the groundskeepers to the housekeeping staff to the entertainment staff – yes, it takes many people to make sure we enjoy our stay there, and yet each one always has the time for a genuine smile and an “hola.” Tipping a few dollars is a great way to say thank you to them all.
I like that this resort allows you to make your own vacation – if you would rather be left alone, you are not hounded by anyone. If you want to get involved or play games, there is something offered for every level of energy you choose to expend. Any time you want food or a drink, it is always readily available. We were told the resort was sold out before we arrived, yet we never had to wait for a table, always found beach chairs, never felt crowded anywhere. If you are expecting to be waited on hand and foot though, this is not the resort for you; you will need to look at 5+-star resorts for that. That is not what we look for in a vacation so this resort was perfect for us.
We had a great room next to the pool and beach bar (thanks again, Erika!), and we were never bothered by noise in the late evenings, even with people hanging around at the bar. The ground floor room wasn’t overly fancy but it had everything we needed – hot water, private safe, lotions/shampoos/etc., clean sheets/towels/room every day (thanks, Lucy!), small frig, nice patio with hammock. I agree with another review – we, too, could have used a box of tissues rather than the little packet that was provided. We never turned on the TV so I don’t have any info about that. No clocks in the room, but setting up a wake-up call was just a matter of pressing a button, and the call came in right on time. AC was plenty cool, and you also have ceiling fan and open windows options.
The food was plentiful and offered great variety. Loved all the fresh fruit, fresh juices, fish choices, local dishes, and who can resist their homemade nachos and guacamole at lunchtime?
The beach is so beautiful and so white, and the water so clear. It was very easy to spend all day playing in the surf, people-watching and bird-watching/feeding. And of course a little napping.
One note I made to myself: There is a nice little shopping area about a five minute walk from the resort, but the new Cancun Airport Shopping Mall is amazing, and surprisingly, the prices are good. I actually paid more for vanilla extract in Playa del Carmen than I did at the airport. Had I known that, I would have spent those two afternoons on the beach rather than shopping, especially since they make you get to the airport two-three hours early for your return flight.
All in all, it was a perfect trip for us, and I can’t wait to return to the Occidental Allegro Playacar.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank acampingwewillgo
Community M, Gerente at Allegro Playacar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your vacation with us.

Our guests' comments provide us with an opportunity to see our hotel through their eyes giving us insight into any service that may have room for improvement to enhance our future guests' stay among us, therefore we are grateful for the time you spent to share a review of your personal experience in the hotel.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that was spotless and well stocked.
The a c was a little weak in the main bedroom.
the staff at the First Club was fantastic.Jose,Carlos,Adiel and the entire first club staff.
The food was delicious and well prepared.
We plan on visiting the Allegro first club, many more times!
The beach the pools the rooms the service the entertainment all top notch!

Room Tip: Jose will treat you like family! The rooms are clean and well stocked. Our ac unit wasnt the best.....
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank scott m
Guest Experienc... G, Manager at Allegro Playacar, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2015

Dear scott m,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our goal is to serve all our guests with the highest level of service and satisfaction, and the best way to accomplish this is to listen to our customers needs, and for that reason, your opinion is extremely valuable for us!

We will notify all of our team about your kind words and I am pretty sure they will be delighted to hear them. Thank you so much!!

Remember that we are always available to assist you through this media, email or Facebook! It would be a pleasure to have you back soon, so please keep us informed if you decide to come back soon!

Best Regards,

Yesica Elizondo
Guest Service

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a great week at the Allegro. Great location, food, staff and value . Beach was stunning and resort very well presented. Erika and the rest of the team couldn't do enough for us. We will be returning. Will stay longer next time and take in the incredible sights nearby.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BobFromSussex

Reviewed April 20, 2013

First of all I'd like to say that I have been to many hotels around Europe (and once to Canada), most of which were four stars, and this has to have been the best holiday I have ever been on. The food, which I saw a few people on here complaining about, was top notch and the better than I've had at many expensive restaurants. There was always plenty of it as well and a wide variety especially at lunch as there was a barbecue, a buffet consisting of some lighter dishes (pasta, salad, bits of chicken, guacamole) and a pizza place. The beach was also very nice, white sand and spacious as well, though it was hard to get an umbrella that was not a problem for me as I would sit by the bar or go to my room once the sun got too strong.

The thing that really topped it off for me was the staff. They were always looking to help and were always laughing while doing so. In the morning for breakfast or when having dinner you could always hear the occasional laughter of one of the waiters which really brightened the atmosphere. They were also very friendly, especially the entertainment staff who were always making jokes and making people laugh, even their little announcements would make me chuckle. The activities they organised were very good (volleyball, Spanish lessons, dancing, yoga). The Spanish lessons were fun and also helped my Spanish write a bit while the volleyball was always a laugh with the other guests.

We also got a great deal for the trips ($60 per person for chichenitza and $79 for xcaret).

Overall, it was an amazing holiday and we only wish we had stayed for longer, hopefully next year we will.

Special thanks to the entertainment staff (Edgar, Ivan, Brenda, Dorian, C.Ronaldo, Sergio, Marcela) and the waiters (Antonio, Freddy).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family