“Expensive. Atmosphere isn't what it used to be.”
Review of Blue Parrot

Blue Parrot
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
VIP Nightclub Tour in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: The world renowned and newly renovated Blue Parrot Beach Club! Your one stop for everything that is Playa. For 30 years Blue Parrot has been a staple in Playa and in December 2014 they reinvented location to be the best event space in Playa. By day, join us at our pool overlooking the beautiful Caribbean ocean, grab a bed on the beach or sit down in our restaurant and enjoy a fresh, organic meal. We take great pride in putting out quality food and great service. By night, we transform into Playa's best bar & club on 12th street. We are the only open air party that goes all night and always host the best events in Playa. We have nightly themed parties but also bring in some of the world's biggest djs. Great to celebrate birthdays and your special night out. We are the only venue that has an open bar with some of the world's top brands and we have many options for table service. Between everything we host free movie nights on the beach every other Wednesday and some of the best cultural events such us a market and art shows. Want to get married at Blue Parrot? There is no venue in Playa that can create a night to remember in such a special way. Our venue is so unique and you will be able to get a destination beach wedding in private unlike the hotel experience where there is no privacy for your ceremony.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I went to the Blue Parrot on a Friday night to drink, dance and party. We got two chairs and a table on the sand, but at night they put up a barrier between the bar and the beach, so even though you are on the beach, you don't really feel like it because you cannot really see the water or beach. We wanted to pay cash for our drinks as we went, but were told that we would need to have a credit card and start a tab. What? We did open a tab and at the end of the night our bill was about what we expected but I can see how it wouldn't be hard to end up with an unpleasant surprise at the end of the night with your bill. Also, we paid a cover (I think $10 each or something like that) and drinks were fairly expensive. Two beers and a tequila shot was around $20. There are several areas within the club to party, but things don't really get going until after midnight.

After our first night at Blue Parrot we didn't plan on going back but the next night we were standing outside getting a sausage sandwich from a street vendor (awesome sandwiches for just $5 btw) when our server from the Blue Parrot the night before came up to us and said we could get in with no cover this time. So we thought what the heck and went back. Had two beers and a shot of Don Julio, this time for a whopping $40! Needless to say we left after one drink. I doubt we will ever be back. There are much better choices along the beach.

3  Thank Aquaman_22

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I just want to say that im not a picky guys , I really enjoy everything but this night was horrific to me . Where do I start , We started to paid 40 US for the open bar , 40us ? that is good if I have the service that go with . When I enter one of the waiter came at me and ask me what I wanted to drink , he brought me a Rhum N coke it was watery but it was good . This is where it get worst after this drink , I was with one of my mexicain friend and all the drinks that he brought me after was so bad , I mean SO BAD i can't even drink it because it was really bad . So my mexicain friend explain to him that the drink wasnt good and I didn't want anymore drink because I was feeling bad . 15 minutes later he came back with 2 glass of absolute vodka and orange juice and im like I told you that I dont want to drink anymore and he told me that this one was good . So i tryed it and yes actually it was really good until the guys talk my friend and she said that is gonna be 18$ US for this . She loose her mind and she was really pissed about this guys and the guys keep telling her that I asked for this but i didn't said anything because she was the one speaking because she speak spanish . So i didnt have the choice to pay since I already started my drink . To finish we left this BAD club and the next morning , each time I was drinking something at my hotel , I just wanted to puke because I was feeling way too bad . DO NO GO THERE PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY

6  Thank Mathieu F
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was partying my face off, enjoying an incredible night with friends, then things went awry. During the famous fire show, which was about to blow everyone's minds with awesomeness, this drunk dude ran directly through the middle of the show to get to the beach to barf. Instead of getting my mind blown by a sweet show, I got to see some left-handed guy blow chunks on the beach. Despite the short guy tossing his cookies into the gulf, it was an unforgettable night.

1  Thank DCSANDS
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We just got home from a trip to Playa del Carmen. On Wednesday, October 9, 2013, my husband went to this bar in the evening. The bartender asked to see his credit card and driver's license/identification. He ended up paying cash and his license and credit card were never returned to him. They were stolen from the possession of the bar and were immediately used at nearby ATMs and establishments to steal approximately $1,900. That is dollars, not pesos.

13  Thank daydrian