I visited the Sandos Playacar Beach Resort June 22-July 2. I cannot stress to you how much I love this resort.
My room was a standard one overlooking the main pool by the beach. Only complaint about the room is that the mattress is hard, but that is pretty common in hotels, so it wasn't much of an issue. Besides sleeping, I didn't spend much time in there.
I thought the food was better than average, huge selection. Definitely something for everyone. Asiana was absolutely fantastic. My waitress the 2 nights I was there was Maria and I loved her. Very attentive and remembered me on my second visit. The cupcake Cafe was fun to visit for a great strawberry smoothie.
I was in the gym almost every morning. Jose, the gentleman working, was super nice. By my second visit, he knew my name.
The beach is the most beautiful I've ever seen. I live in Michigan, home of the 5 great lakes, so I've seen my share of beaches. Nothing beats the aqua blue of the Caribbean Sea, it is breathtaking! You are able to lay in the sand, walk in the sand, walk into the water and kids can play in both. No rocky bottom. A huge piece of advice for you..... The under tow in the Caribbean Sea is ruthless. Do not underestimate it. It will take your life before you know it. There is only so much a life guard can do.
I was able to take advantage of the Royal Elite club through friends (love them). The RE pool was fantastic. I do wish there was a way to keep the pools cooler, at mid day they are like bathtubs. Vanessa Mex was my pool side waitress and she was wonderful! By the end of the second day, she knew what both my daughter and I were drinking. She deserves a huge raise!!
The RE members bar, near the gathering point, had the best Amaretto Sour. Good thing I didn't figure that out until my third to last day there! And beautiful inside, great place to sit in the air conditioning and relax.
Were there some things I didn't like, yes. But, I went in with an attitude that I was going to enjoy myself. I went with the flow and had an amazing vacation. I met some really nice people from New York, New Jersey and Missouri.
I also want to mention a few employees who made an impression on me while there. Every day I was there (10) I had a very small conversion in Spanish with 2 men I knew worked there in some capacity, but they didn't wear a uniform. They remembered me each day and almost seemed to search me out at the RE pool. On my last night, I realized they were the Director (Miguel) and Assistant Director (Juan, I think) and met them. What great guys!! Also, Victor Guzman, the Entertainment Director, remembered me from my visit 5 years ago! He can still dance as well as I remember, lol. Gustavo, who I emailed endlessly before my visit, was patient and understanding. He was greatly appreciated then and now in planning my next trip. My daughter thought Rafael, in the kids club, did an excellent job.
I am typing this from my phone, on the trip advisor app, but it won't let me add photos. Too bad, I have some great ones!
I have already booked my next stay at Sandos for next April. I can't wait to get back! I just hope my favorite employees are still there!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos