This is our second visit to a Sandos resort, (We went to Caracol last year) and have to say we find the staff and service excellent. This is a lovely resort. our room was lovely (we upgraded to adults only section), the adults pool is very nice with a swim up bar, we stayed down the quieter end where the cabana's were. You never have to struggle to get a cabana or a sun bed. Some people have complained (on here) about the walk to the beach if you are at the adults end, it takes between 5-10 minutes to walk and is really no problem at all. There is a golf buggy thingy that transports you at regular intervals but apart from anyone elderly or infirm I can't see why you would need to use it other that sheer laziness. I have advanced lung cancer and I never used it once! The walk is quit pleasant and it helps walk off the delicious breakfast!
We did book into the Al a Carte restaurants when ever possible, all of which served lovely food, the Gaucho and French being our favourite. We did have room service the night we arrived too. The beach is nice and sea warm and lovely. There is supposed to be a smoking and non smoking section although people don't tend to adhere to it and it is not 'policed' it did bother me sometimes with my illness as I have never smoked and don't like breathing it.
We didn't see any evening entertainment as most time after evening meal we were tired and returned to our room. Would prefer to be up early and enjoy the day.
We did visit the Sandos Caracol resort a couple of times which is only a short taxi ride away, we also asked reception at Playacar to book a restaurant over their for us which they did. As we were adults only with 'gold armbands' we were able to use all the adults only facilities there too, including the beach 'club house' where there are showers, hairdryers etc to get showered and changed to go out for evening meal before returning to Playacar.
The select club (adults only bars) are also very good and make a mean cosmopolitan (my favourite cocktail) we went to one of them (there are 2) each night before dinner and sometimes after too.
On the whole it was a great holiday, great value for money and would recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos