By far, the best thing about this hotel is the warm and friendly staff. That makes a huge difference!
We stayed at beautiful and clean rooms at the beach. The 'camaristas' Rosalinda and Carmen did an extraordinary job cleaning and organizing the three rooms that my family and I occupied in the 1300 level. My wife and I loved the 'towel sculptures' that changed everyday!
All the staff at the buffet were friendly and always smiling! . . . it was a pleasure to visit the buffet (unfortunately I cannot remember names to mention here . . . sorry). I have to say though, that the meal is very good but not excellent.
The 'Restoran Mediterraneo' was fantastic. Excellent food and nice staff. Its 'Capitán' (Marco) was efficient and friendly. The cook (Carlos) and the waitress (Santa) made the difference attending a big family like mine with a delicious meal.
I would also like to mention the fantastic food at the Italian Restaurant. We were fortunate enough to be helped by a nice and friendly waiter (Nelson).
My kids and I love the cupcake cafe! . . . lovely Frapuccinos and friendly staff.
The entertaining team was incredible. In special Jaime! He is the best! We had a fantastic time dancing, singing, and laughing in all activities organized by this team (Vanessa was good organizing the archery tournament) and the manager (sadly I forgot his name) was fun and nice.
Daily shows were very good. In particular I would like to mention the rock band (wow . . . incredible good) and the folkloric group that performed native dances. Simply extraordinary!
The beach is incredible, amazing . . . stunning. This Hotel is the last one in Playacar so it has a long and beautiful beach. In my opinion the best beach of Playacar by far!
My advise to other travellers: please bring Mexican cash to give tips to the excellent staff. They NEVER asked for a tip, but they clearly deserve it!
The second day we were invited to know the hotel in a tour. It turned out that it was not a tour but a 'sales activity'. The salesman was friendly and nice. However, we spent almost the whole morning in this unwanted activity! Please be aware that you will be offered a membership and it could take the whole morning!
Finally, in my opinion the colours of the buildings need to be more 'Mexican stile'. If we compare the outside look of this hotel with other hotels of the area, it clearly needs to be updated. I also missed Mexican music and Mexican environment. We travelled to Mexico to get in touch with the country, its people and culture and I think we have too little of it at the Hotel. The Mariachis need to improve!
Bottom line: Fantastic experience in particular because of the friendly staff and the amazing beach! I totally recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos