We stayed at Sandos Playacar back in late May, and the first impressions were not good. We arrived early before check-in and our room was not ready, which is fine. However, the front desk staff were trainees and did a poor job of explaining anything, as in, where to eat, where to put luggage, basically everything. It's just a bit disconcerning when all you want is a drink and a pool. Luckily, everything got better once we got in our rooms.
We were in the Adults-Only wing, which definitely is the way to go. I love the beach, but my wife likes sitting by the pool with shade. We split time back and forth, but the adults-only pool was much better. Fun group, nice pool bar (the only pool bar), etc. The adults-only area also comes with a breakfast buffet that is exclusive to that area, which is nice. The walk/ride to the beach is pretty far, but it's not unbearable and the guys do their best to go back and forth on the carts as quick as possible.
The food was decent, it wasn't great, the Mexican theme night was really good as were the Brazilian and Mediterranean restaurants. It would be nice to have some more al a carte meals around the pool, although the ceviche/guac was pretty solid by the adults pool. The service was good, although I believe a bit understaffed.
All in all, it was a good trip in the end after the initial setback.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos