We spent another great vacation at Sandos. Since our last trip, the resort has made some improvements. There is a cupcake cafe, vip lounge, mini golf, and better great service.
First, the overall, grounds were well kept, beach is the best along the Maya.
The resort is family friendly, yet has adult only areas too.
The resort is eco friendly, with native animals ( coatis, monkeys, agoutis, iguanas, etc.) with informative signs.
There is a snorkel reef just a few meters away from the resort, with free gear for 1 hr. Lots of fish, and sea life.
Second, we stay in the older part by the water. rooms are being upgraded, but not new like the upper area. Comfy and clean. "Firm" bed, but we like it. There is a golf cart shuttle to take you to each area...no problems.
Third, the food at the buffets is good. Some say it is the same every morning, and I say, it has it all!! You can have fruit loops to omelets!! We never had a problem booking the individual restaurants. We like the Gourmet, and Mexican the best. The Asian, and Steak are very good, but are acoustically "live"....that is, noisy. Theme night in the buffet is very good.
Some say the buffet is sometimes not hot....I think the dishes at the back are hotter, and maybe the front is not so hot so that kids don't get burned?
We like to try some of the local dishes....some are very good, and I would suggest to give it a try...hey, you don't have to eat it.
Entertainment...great fun..every night there is a show in the plaza. One night there were native dancers, and it was great! Thanks to the Sandos entertainment staff...number 1!!
Last, but not least, the excellent staff at this resort.
Ivan Tapia, director, has done some excellent improvements, and has built a top quality staff.
Tommas is the Apple Vacation rep....number 1
We will mention some of the fabulous folks that were kind to us. When you go there, please ask for them by name. If you are nice....please use our name if you like.
We had a massage with Lidia....top quality!
My wife hurt her hand before we went to Sandos, and many staff helped her..Cesar, first aid,
Donaciano, Saadu...thank you.
Breakfast....Braulio, and Dominga.
Bartenders....Rodrigo, Gustavo ( Tom Cruise) Fabio (?)
Dinner...my favorite Maya person, Valentina....Luciano in the Gourmet.
David Richard is in charge of food etc.....he will help you.
Front desk crew Gabriella ( sp), and all were friendly.
Even the cart drivers..Paulino, and Ceasar are so very friendly, thanks!
There are others that made us feel special too, just can't get them all here
I know this may sound a little bit like a travel agent, we are not!
We come here, and we have gone to other resorts, but this feels like home to us.
We try out our poor Spanish, and we get to know some folks from other areas.
Even though it is not required, please try to tip these fine workers...they deserve it.
Smile, have fun.....maybe again in Dec....hello to marpim!
Terry and Lynda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos