Sandos Playacar Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Iberostar Tucan Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Yucatan(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Palace Mexico(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
ClubHotel Riu Tequila(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Viva Wyndham Maya(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
Great 4.5/5
Allegro Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Viva Wyndham Azteca(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Lupita(Playa del Carmen)
13,981 results
All reviewsmeeting pointriviera sectioncupcake cafeadult sectionhacienda suitesle gourmetavenue barcorderofestival buffetgrand buffetitalian buffetpremium barselect clubswim up barkids clubelite poolfamily section
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed up and down the Mayan Riviera for at least 20 years, 10 with my wife and another 10 wile being single again.

I have to say that Sandos resort is in the top 3 of my all time favorite resorts.

The resort is very close to 5th Ave, in Playa Del Carmen.

Sandos resort has something for everyone, there are long quite stretches of powder white sandy beach that has all the romance a couple could desire, there is an absolutely wonderful kids area that has monkeys and other timid wildlife, mini golf, and kids pool, the staff that care for the little ones while mom and dad have some alone time seem very attentive and trustworthy.

There is a seperate adults only area that seems like an entirely different resort, yet still attatched to the rest of the resort.

The many pools and beach areas give you a feeling that is special and devised just for you.

All of the staff, from waiters bar tenders and houskeepers were very friendly and happy to assist whenever i needed anything. The wait staff at every resteraunt was extrordinary.

Thanks for a wonderful time Sandos, i will be back again.

I would certainly refer this resort to my friends.

The bartender Gustavo Alvarez, in the meeting point vip lounge is always happy and has a great attitude, he will whip up any kind of drink that you ask for. I asked for a particular drink he had not heard of, and actually took the time to google it, and made it for me. You definately have to stop by and have one of his signature Russian Spring!

Veronica and Martina, at the guest services is dynamite! I had some issues with reservations that could have ruined the entire trip and she had me straightened out within 20 minutes of my arrival, she guided me to Gustavo lol! while she looked into my issue and before i was done done with a michalada she had everything worked out.

I spent most of my time diving, and everyone at the dive center was very helpful with me as well.

I have to give this resort two thumbs up, the resort is well kept maintenanced, and the staff really make you feel special. The staff make all the difference.

Traveler Tom

Room Tip: I am a diver, my room was right on the beach, with a beautiful view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank thomas c
Sandos_Playacar, General Manager at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear thomas c,

Thank you very much for your review, we are so happy to hear that the efforts and dedication of our staff made such a positive impact on your vacation. Our team is one of the most motivated as we love to know that our guests are having wonderful experiences.

Best regards and let us know as soon as you are ready to comeback; our great team will be ready to exceed your expectations again!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I have been to the area before and had great experiences at other resorts (Grand Sirenis). This other all-inclusive destination offered us a closer location to downtown Playa del Carmen... so as to not feeling confined to the resort.
Most of the experience however was rather disappointing. Contrasting with the beautiful beaches and the proximity to town was the rather poor food choices and availability of a la carte restaurants. In spite of the low season volumes of guests, the service left a lot to be desired. Nobody took the time to explain to us the basics (dining choices, activities, what's included and what's not, etc), and when we asked for this information, we were told it was in the magazine at our room. You guessed it: the magazine wasn't there and they had ran out of copies at reception.
Worst of all, we were constantly harrassed by tour agents and employees of the very hotel trying to sell us time-shares or excursions. Instead of a restfull experience, this trip turned into a rather stressful one. Two days into the trip, one of the hotel's employees offered us a one-hour tour after we told him we didn't know where the restaurants were. The short tour ended up being a 4-hour long manipulation to try and sell us a time share option.
We will never go back to this place...

Room Tip: If in spite of this terrible review you choose to check the place out, make sure to ask for a room in the "adults only" area. Unless you don't mind not being able to sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank JorgeYYC

Dear JorgeYYC,

First of all I appreciate you are taking your time to share with us your feedback. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had during your stay. I deeply regret that we have not met your expectations in this second stay.

Let me tell you that all your comments about the information service is important because of this comments Reception and Royal Elite staff are immediately in the prompt solution of this.

I reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we cause and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in this home.

I kindly remain at your total disposal for any further comments.

Best Regards

Director Hotel

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We loved this hotel so much when we stayed last October that we decided to get a day pass and visit it again. My daughter is getting married there this October as well. The staff treated us as any other guests and we enjoyed most of the amenities there. It was a very hot day but we could allways find somewhere to sit in the shade or out in the sun if so wished. Thank you to the manager who helped us to get the passes, we did finish up some wedding preperations as well. See you in October.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carrie R

Dear CandCHarris,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience with our readers.

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa would like to thank you for your preference & loyalty. I will see that our Staff members receive great comments.

If there’s anything I can do for you on Octuber, please let me know.

Warm regards.
Director Hotel

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at Sandos Playacar together with my best friend. We had a amazing time. The food was delicious (especially the Guacamole) and we could choose out of many different eating locations every night. The fruit Cocktails at the beach were according to our taste, but sometimes too sweet.
The Entertainer were friendly and motivating, especially Jaime was smiling and always motivated us to dance, take place at the sport activities and made us feel comfortable with the other guests. He connected people. Thanks for that!
The Sport, Show, Events had a good standard and were diversified.
And the beach is a dream!
I have already and will recommend the Hotel in future to my friends and family!

• Stayed: March 2013
Sandos_Playacar, General Manager at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear WanirbaS,

We would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us.

We are very happy to know that we managed to exceed your overall expectations in such a way that you plan to visit us again.

Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our wonderful staff, I will definitely extend your regards to our Animation Manager, we are proud to have Jaime in our team.

We hope to have the honor of serving you in the future.
Kindest Wishes,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our first time staying at Sandos and our first trip back to Playacar in about 10 years. Our trip was Aprl 19-26th. Upon arrival we were met by friendly staff and champagne was sent to our room. We were upgraded to the "Adults Only" section with a very nice room overlooking the pool. The room was very clean and there was always a "towel animal" on our bed when we came back from the beach. Our refrigerator was also refilled with water and beer every day. Even though we were one of the furthest rooms from the beach (this resort is huge) the walk wasn't too bad and there was a shuttle that stopped almost right outside of our room every 10 minutes. This area is also very quiet and you have your own breakfast area for guests in this section. The beach is very wide and beautiful. Sandos is the last resort in Playacar so the beach south of the hotel is undeveloped and adjacent to the jungle. We would take walks down this stretch every day. The Bagel Bar has snacks, lunch and drinks right at the beach. There are also people bringing drinks. There are shows every night in the plaza and activities on the beach and pools. We emailed ahead and a Sandos rep made dinner reservations for us at three of the restaurants to save us from waiting in line to do it at the resort. The steak house was OK and I liked the Brazilian Steak House where my wife did not. The Italian Buffett was good but the the Fiesta was not good at all. The Olympus tours people were phenomenal. They saved us from the time share attack dogs in the airport and got us into our transport van to the hotel. Our representative at the hotel was Ian and he booked us on a great catamaran snorkel trip and was very helpful throughout our stay.Overall it was a great stay with the food being the weak link. We did not experience any illness due to the food and we also did not have any sales people approach us to "upgrade" to club status or whatever they were selling but we did see several people approached. The staff is phenomenal, the resort is very clean and beach is great! It is also close to town if you need to go shopping or go out to dinner (If you go into town for dinner stay away from Ajua Maya on 5th Ave. We did not have a good experience there). We would highly recommend Sandos Playacar and look forward to coming back to this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Adult Section are very quiet and near the adults only pool
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear PlayaFun46861,

While extending warm regards from this “Su casa”, Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa, I would like to thank you for the time invested in sharing with us and this online community your experiences lived during your recent visit.

Kindest wishes, we treasure your positive comments, and hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again, on your next trip.

Warm Regards,