After much research, my wife chose the Sandos Playacar resort and spa as the site of our destination wedding. She did much of the work, and communicated with the wedding planner, Lupita. Lupita was a gem to work with, and made the experience very easy for the both of us. When we arrived at the resort, she had everything ready, and made sure that all the staff gave us extra special care. She went over last minute details with us, was very caring, and the ceremony went off without a hitch. It was exactly what we wanted, and more. I would definitely recommend working with Lupita to set up your wedding there.
The resort itself was very nice. There were 30 of us, spread out all over the resort, and everyone had a great time. The staff make this place, and are beyond nice. They quickly remember your preferences, preferred drinks, and names, and are extremely friendly. Everyone in our party commented on their friendliness, and we were all impressed.
Each day, we'd meet our friends and family at the adult pool, and had a great time there. The activity director would organize volleyball games, which allowed us to meet other guests, and the bar staff were phenomenal. The food at the various buffets and restaurants was wonderful. It was fresh, full of variety, and always replenished. I would especially recommend trying the traditional Mexican fare - it's not always easy to find, but will blow anything you've had Stateside away for its freshness and flavor. The specialty restaurants are pretty good also. Remember that you're in Mexico, so it won't be authentic Asian, French, or Brazilian food. Nonetheless, it's delicious, and the staff will take good care of you.
In all, the resort is what you make it to be. We went there for a vacation/wedding, and had a great time. We took it easy, got married, and relaxed with friends and family. When we wanted to have fun, we went on excursions, hung out, or partied. When we wanted to relax, we went to the spa, hung out on the beach, or spent time in the pool.
Would I recommend the resort? Absolutely. As an all inclusive, it's pretty good, personal, and not pretentious. The thing that makes this place is the staff. Engage them, and they'll make sure that you have an excellent time. They work very hard to make sure that you have a good time.
A few mentionable things: My wife left her pocketbook on the beach, in the evening. We told the concierge, thinking it'd be gone. They sent out a team to look for it, and we had it back within an hour, without an item, or penny missing. Another friend left their room unlocked - the staff took an inventory of what was in their room, and a security guard was posted outside their room until they returned.
On one night, it was my birthday, and we all went to the Mexican restaurant. Our waiter, whose name escapes me at the moment, made the night for all of us. He serenaded me a few times, brought special shots for us, made hats out of napkins, and made us all laugh. He was amazing, and to this day, everyone talks about what a good time he showed us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos