Just returned from staying at this resort for 6 nights. We are comparing this trip to the other 5 times we have went to Mexico and stayed at other resorts in the area. We stayed in the Hacienda family area. Well worth the upgrade! 10 rooms per unit and each unit has its own outdoor hot tub and small pool. We were on the ground floor so we had a sliding glass door and a patio/pool/hot tub shared with the other rooms. Plenty of room and very quite.
Room clean, staff friendly(they work very hard!), coffee house(cupcake shop),healthy bar (fruit juices, etc.),excellent beach(no rocks- go down a ways and snorkel around the reef),okay night entertainment, activity area for the kids (foosball,ping pong, etc.)lots of activities to do during the day (spanish lessons, bingo, volleyball, sand castle competition, etc.). Room service - at all times - limited menu but hey it was included and if you didn't want to waddle down to a buffet you could order something light and enjoy it by the pool. Saw many people doing this with small kiddos.
The food - we ate at the brazilian & mexican restaurants - very similar to what was on the buffets everyday. We got there on Tuesday and wasn't able to go to an al a carte restaurant until Friday. Not busy just doing double duty - brazilian / steakhouse was one in the same and was open opposite nights (maybe?). The resort wasn't full so that is what we were thinking - another family we befriended also thought the same. The food was average and our family always looks forward to the al a carte restaurants but it was the same food in the buffets. We didn't go hungery just looking for alittle more in the al a carte areas that we have experienced at other resorts.
All in all, we had a great time and enjoyed ourselves. I would go again. Oh, USA they have regular outlets in the room we stayed in. Not sure about the other rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos