My wife and I chose this resort about 4 years ago to head down to Playacar to find a resort to get married at. We ended up being impressed with this resort and purchasing a Royal Elite membership and timeshare. We were married on the beach there a year later and then headed down each year since for our anniversary.
The resort does everything correct. Food is good, people are extremely nice and the amenities are perfect.
Each year the resort is re-defining itself by adding new things (new coffee shop is a great touch). The people at the resort are amazing.
Also, my review was to provide an overall "thanks" to the resort for the great times my wife and I have had there, but more especially to thank certain people at the resort that have made our time there especially nice.
All servers at the restaurants. My wife is a vegan and each of the restaurants took care of her allergies and made sure she enjoyed each of her meals. A little creativity went a long way.
David at the Royal Elite Pool. My wife still talks about the 'David Special' - a drink he created for her. David was amazing. Constantly attentive and true 'service with a smile'. His energy and joy rubbed off on everyone else around him.
Rodrigo at the Royal Elite Bar at the Meeting Point. Damn Great Bartender. If I owned a bar, he would be my top choice. Always pleasant and created some good concoctions that tasted amazing.
Thanks and we'll see you guys next year!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos