We have been to the RM 6 times. This last trip at Sandos was the worst. We have been to Sandos two other times (July 2011, Sept 2011) but the quality certainly went down on this trip. We booked as Select Members and really didn’t receive anything extra except for usage of the bar in the Lobby. The only good thing about the bar was being able to use the internet on one of the two computers. But there was always a line. On other trips you were able to use the bar at the meeting point as well. Not anymore. There was a tiny little sign that said black bracelets only. That was kind of annoying. BTW, we were supposed to have beach service as select members but it was non existent until another guest complained about it. Thanks Katherina!!
The food quality also went down. By no means am I a picky eater but compared to the first two trips it was worse. The entertainers were not “entertaining”. Again much better on the first two trips.
I need to just make a note about the check in/check out process. When you were a select member you had a private line for this. That too is gone. We had such a bad experience during our checkout that it needs mentioning. We waited about 45 minutes in line because we were told by a staff member to go in another line that was for checkout only. The line we were in moved quickly but we did not in the new line. Although the lady in front was checking and took like ½ hour, we were being told that this line was only checkout. Hey Said, please don’t lie to me about what line I’m in and then take other guests for other purposes. I can overlook things but when you lie and make me out to be a fool, I will get offended. You were rude and so was the “reception manager”. I come to relax on vacation, not to be lied to and become aggravated.
Darren, who was in guest services, made all three of our trips as best as they cold be. Now I hear that they let him go and I frankly don’t think that was a wise. He had a great following and that was a very bad decision on Sandos’ part. WAKE UP SANDOS!!!! YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE GUESTS IF YOU DON’T HET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. We went to Sandos for the second and third trip because of Darren. Letting him go was a bad decision Reuben.
I do want to give a shout out to Darren, Valentina, Carolina, and the housekeeping staff. You guys were fantastic.
We had so much fun on the first two trips and expected the same quality and service. I’m not sure whether it is too save costs or poor management, but it was not a memorable experience. Because of all the negatives we will be trying the Riu Palace or Iberostar next door for our next RM trip. Any questions pm me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos