What an incredibly amazing time we just had at Royal Hideaway. The property is simply breathtaking. It is currently totally illuminated for the holiday season. How very spectacular to see all the palm trees embraced with thousands of brilliant white lights!You walk a breathtaking path from the resplendent holiday decorated lobby to the sea. The service is par excellence. We were completely and totally pampered and spoiled. The choice of food is incredible. You can dine on a full breakfast buffet, complete with pastries, croissants, muffins , very delicious breads, yummy cookies and great drinks!. A variety of tropical and local fruits are offered each and every day. The cheese and meat selection, along with typical breakfast fare composed of traditional American and Mexican dishes completes the variety of breakfast offerings, all available to delight in, overlooking the turquoise blue waters .Lunch is offered poolside or on the Deck, or you may dine at Spices with yummy frozen concoctions and great tasty salads, fish, sandwiches, fresh mahi, mahi, fajitas , etc. Dinner is always a gustatory delight with all of the restaurants providing fabulous 5 star service, and romantic ambiance. You may even treat yourself to the experience of the Chefs Table, where you will have the opportunity to feast and dine upon some of the most fascinating food creations, all prepared under the direction of chef Raul.You will never be hungry, no matter what your menu choice is, at any of the great restaurants, and you will always feel as though you have just dined at one of the most wonderful restaurants in the world, and why not…you just have!
Service, service, service, is the key word at Royal Hideaway. The entire staff is thoroughly and completely dedicated to making sure that you have a great time. The staff is consistently letting you know that is indeed their pleasure to do whatever they can, to make your vacation the best one possible. Each staff member will address you by name and will remember it throughout the visit.
The property was full of guests all having a great time while we were there. It was so very nice to meet people from all over the states, South America, Mexico, and Europe. The dance floor was full, many nights, as we danced to the great Royal Band, (who just played spectacularly,at the Riviera Maya jazz festival)with a fabulous female singer, and talented musicians, who insures that everyone has a great time. One evening there was reggae, salsa group, who entertained with a fabulous Bob Marley set, to which everyone danced. You can try any drink that you wish at Royal Hideaway, and they are all poured using very top shelf liquor. Royal Hideaway continues to be an all inclusive adults only hotel like no other. It is truly a wonderful feeling to be on vacation and know that once you are there, all of your everyday concerns seem to vanish! You can float around the infinity pool, (practically a part of the beach) sipping you favorite drink and enjoy the view of the blue, blue waters. If you prefer privacy, you may wish to louge by one of the several relaxation pools throughout the property.You may choose to visit with the pair of iguanas who live by one of the several hot tubs. They love bananas. Want a complimentary mini massage? The spa staff, often walks around the pool early afternoon and allows you to enjoy a taste of their glorious, magical fingers. You will surely want to take advantage of this delightful experience, and may even wish to indulge in the variety of specialty massages offered in the spa.
The hotel has 200 rooms, making it the perfect size for socialization and intimacy.
You will meet so many wonderful and interesting people who are repeat guests at Royal Hideaway, and who all return because of the magical, special feeling that you will know, and will haunt you until your next visit, once you enter the gates of Royal Hideaway! It was VERY difficult to leave Royal Hideaway, after our incredible vacation there. The only way that we were able to leave, was because of our knowledge that we plan on returning very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Barcelo, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico