Okay, don't listen to people who are not well travelled or only travel to complain.
We just returned from RH which we chose for our honeymoon.
As far as the welcome, bellboys and checkin...Bellboys were very attentive and took all of our bags. We were escorted to the main lobby where we were seated in elegant furnishings and given champagne as well as cool aromatherapeutic towels...nice.
We were given a full tour of the resort and felt well informed. After our tour, we were escorted to our room. The room was Spotless, not musty and the AC was on.
Our Concierge introduced himself and told us if we need anything....Let me know. We booked several tours shopping etc and all went perfect.
The resort itself is beautiful. The grounds are impecable. Pools are almost sterile and blue. As far as that beach chair myth...we were able to get a chair with relative ease whenever I wanted.
Food! Exceptional. I don't mean good for an All Inclusive. I mean it was excptional period. All resturants should be tried at least once. Drinks are top shelf. No garbage liquor.
One day we decided to go to Chichen Itza to climb the Pyramid. I left my wedding ring (I am the Groom) on the bathroom sink. It is a ring which I designed myself and has tremendous sentimental and financial value. (about 1 years salary for hotel worker). I would have taken it!!
When we returned..Still where I left it. In fact the cleaning person cleaned around it! I hunted her down and gave here a healthy reward. She had tears in her eyes. we also told the concierge and manager.
The next day we went out to sample some tequilla in town which is a 3 minute drive. Taxis (nice taxi's and drivers) are always right out front for $4 trip to town. When we were on our way out the bellboys we made friennds with(Philip) was not wearing his name plate. We asked him what happened and he said he lost it.
When we returned to the hotel he was wearing it again. So you found it we said...No, he said I had to buy a new one for 10 dollars...I handed him $10 and said good night. He said "now you are my Godfather."
Mexican's are happy, fun intelligent people. You will have the time of your life.
Go to the Royal Hideaway..Go anywhere you want..But take advice from a traveller:
Treat people everywhere you go with respect. Suprise the people that are working very hard so you have a great vac. Smile, laugh and say thank you. Spend a few minutes to learn their culture and spend a few dollars to make someones life a little easier. Remember, You are fortunate....You can take a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico