My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at Royal Hideaway. The entire trip exceeded our expectations! The service at the Hideaway exceeds anything we have ever experienced. We stayed in Villa 26 and Luz was our concierge. She was willing to help us in any way possible and was usually around to just visit with at the end of the day. When we arrived, I requested extra bottled water and after that, Luz made sure that we were fully stocked for the rest of the trip. She is as wonderful as everyone says!We spent several days just lounging on the beach and by the pool--the umbrellas provide a great break from the sun. And the pool activities in the afternoon are fun to watch even if you don't participate. We did spend two days on tours--1. Tulum and Xel-ha which was okay (I thought Xel-ha provided great swimming but was way too crowded for my taste) and 2. Alltournative trip to Coba/ChiMuch. I highly recommend Alltournative for the adventurous spirit and those who want to see a little-known bit of Mexico.
I was skeptical of the "all inclusive" hotel in general prior to our trip. But Royal Hideaway is not your typical all inclusive. The food and drinks are very high quality. We especially liked Ventanas and Azia. We also enjoyed before-dinner drinks each night at Bar Allegria and found that to be very relaxing. At Spices, we had great food and service provided by Jose. We even spent some time in the cigar bar at Ventanas (we brought our own--they are kind of expensive on-site).
Each morning we ate at Spices for the buffet and loved the variety. Jose Ole works mornings there and days at the pool and he is very funny and sweet!
Our room was always cool and clean and I am a sucker for turn-down service and loads of towels.
The one thing the hotel can improve upon is the quality of the bikes--we biked into Playa del Carmen one day and the bikes were a bit shabby. We ate at a great local place on 5th Avenue. Neither my husband nor I can imagine a better honeymoon and we truly believe that our 10 days at Royal Hideaway were indeed like paradise! We are hoping to return in five or ten years to celebrate our anniversary!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Barcelo, Splitty, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico