We visited in January as part of our honeymoon. Overall we really enjoyed our stay.
I would like to have awarded 5 stars but there were just a few frustrations or areas I think could be improved upon which were as follows:
We were not aware to book our dinner reservations before we arrived and therefore were stuck with a lot of really late dinners - combined with jet lag this took the edge off our enjoyment a little. Also we could only get in Las Ventanas once and for us this was the best restaurant and I wish we could have eaten there more!
Evening entertainment was a little boring. I know they must be conscious of noise but maybe the live music they sometimes have could play in the theatre. That way they could have more lively acts and it could go on later!
The rooms were nice but like many have said the bathrooms could do with a refit to make the accommodation truly 5 star.
Finally I think they should make the smaller pool areas a better feature. They should make sure these small pools are well maintained as the one we used by the spa had rust in areas and some of the sun bed covers were dirty. There was also only one umbrella for shade they should have some more and should also find a way that guests can be served drinks here. That would have been amazing!
The above aside this is a lovely resort with some of the nicest hard working staff I have ever encountered! If I returned to Playa del Carmen I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico