“Best vacation !!”

Ranked #33 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best vacation !!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everything about the hotel was great: the service, the food, the drinks, and people.
The person who made us have the most fun was Sergio who was in charge of the events. He always went out of his way to please the clients.
Overall great experience. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Flaca317
RoyalHideaway1, Reputation Management at Royal Hideaway Playacar, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Flaka317,

Thank you for send us your review. We are very happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and that Sergio provided to you an excellent service during your stay. We are thrilled that you found your visit so enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (927)
  • Polish first
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I had been in Playacar from Sept 12-22 and had 7 days and nights of mixed weather to say the least. It seemed that as soon as we checked into the RH that everything changed. I may be exaggerating a bit but The feeling I got was "we are home" Roger set up our dinners at the fantastic restaurants at this hotel and was there for us for whatever we needed. He found out it was our anniversary earlier in the week and balloons were stuck to our door in reminder of the occasion. The only issue I had was ordering drinks at the beach bar/beach. I ordered a Appleton rum and coke and got apple juice and coke 3 times in a row so went to order directly at the bar and changed to a greygoose black Russian and got greygoose andsoda/then a greygoose white Russian. I had to laugh about it ,thinking this is not one of the biggest problems in the world to have to deal with. We had stayed at the RH in Dec 2010 and the drinks at that time were served as ordered so this may be an area to look atThe Rui behind our room was a little loud at night but I still had great sleeps(no not because of the drinks I had to endure during the day) All in all we will be back because of the fantastic staff, no wristbands or towelcards to deal with and a warm safe feeling you have at this resort

Room Tip: get a room on the Allegro Playacar side because it would probably be quieter at night
6 Thank Gord M
Dear Gord M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Royal Hideaway. We are thrilled to hear the Guest service you received exceeded your expectations. It sounds like you and your wife had a fabulous time celebrating your anniversary with us, thank you for share with us such an important date.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Reviewed September 29, 2013

just got back from a 9 day vacation at the RH and NY (6 nights at the RH). the RH is nothing less than paradise. the most common sentence you will hear from the staff is "what else can we do for you?" - and they really mean it, they really want to do whatever is needed to make you satisfied.
the place itself is really beautiful. the rooms are spacious, though could use some refreshing (especially in the bathroom). the restaurants are great (Asia got the highest score from us).
the main pool area is beautiful and the sea looks like the continuation of the infinity pool - you just can't get tired staring at it.
the public facilities are very clean (and it's not simple to keep everything so clean when it's raining all the time).
the all iclusive thing - well, it's all inclusive, everything. even the alcohol and the room service (which generally are not included anywhere).
we rented a car from the agency in the hotel (Fiesta) and the service was also very good (though the car wasn't cleaned before it was handed to us).
we were asked at the reception if we were celebrating anything, so i said that we were celebrating my birthday - i got a birthday card on my bed the next day and the room was decorated with baloons - i was so excited. what a thoughtful & kind gesture. also at Asia restaurant, the waiter understood that it's my birthday and i got a birthday cake plus candles for desert...
what can i tell you - we flew 24 hours to get there, but it was worth every minute and every dollar we paid.
if it hadn't been so far away, we would have definitely come again.
huge pleasure!

7 Thank sarit b
Dear Sarit B,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. We are always concerned about our guests’ wellbeing and strive to make their holiday at our property an unforgettable experience.

We thank you sincerely once again for choosing Royal Hideaway as a holiday destiny and we very much hope to welcome you again in the near future.

And please don’t hesitate to contact us if is there anything we can do for you prior your next visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Of course the beach is going to be beautiful at Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, but what makes a difference in the hotel you choose?
Royal Hideaway continues to hold super high standards for their amazing food (Mexican Restaurant one of the best I've experienced, and that's just the beginning...) and their service.
Gourmet food, top end cocktails, Italian "house" wine, service that continues to amaze...you will find all of these at Royal Hideaway.
Sure it's not the newest kid on the block. The rooms remind me of early Ritz Carlton, lots of marble, maybe a little "dark," but at the end of the day, they are spotless, and very comfortable, and how much time are you going to spend in your room anyway, when you really need to be out on that beach, planning your next delicious meal and tasty cocktail.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor rooms. They have a higher ceiling and better view.
10 Thank Becky8319
Dear Becky8319,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments about your most recent stay at our hotel. We are more than glad that you found our accommodation and hospitality to your satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Royal Hideaway.

London
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I travelled to the Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen with some degree of trepidation as I was travelling on my own.

However, I was more than pleasantly surprised by the level of service and warm welcome I received from the staff. There were plenty of activities for me to get involved in from organised tours to local Mayan attractions as well as more adventurous activities such as swimming with dolphins and manatees.

I would recommend people visit the Tulum and Chichen Itza as well as the dolphin experience at Dophinaris and Xel Ha.

Food was excellent. The beach was stunning and very clean. Everything was 10 out of 10.

Would recommend to people travelling on their own as I wasn't made to feel isolated and I didn't stick out like a sore thumb - although the majority of people there were couples and honeymooners. One of the major benefits was no children and this made a huge difference to the noise levels and the ability to relax and rewind.

There was another hotel next door and I took a quick look - the pool area was overtaken with children shrieking and screaming (all good fun if you have kids of your own but not much fun if you want to relax and rewind).

Well done Royal Hideaway for making my trip very special. It was sad to leave

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Helena R
RoyalHideaway1, Social Media Coordinator at Royal Hideaway Playacar, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Helena R,

We are more than glad to read your review. Thank you very much for the kind compliments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service to all of our guests.

We hope to see you again one day. Thank you for experiencing true All inclusive luxury experience with us.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here for 1 week commencing 18th of September.We are very seasoned travellers having stayed at Four Seasons ,Jumby Bay,Sandy lane,Banyan Tree and Constance Resorts around the world so we know what a 5* hotel should be.
I will admit that this was a bargain price and a spur of the moment booking,but we did check out trip advisor before we booked and all looked good.
And i know reviews are a personal thing.
Lets start with the positives : Great staff apart from the reception staff who seemed to the think they were on another level and were very rude.
Fab beach with great service.
Nice pool and great service.
Now the negatives:
The food is not 5* and i know you can split hairs over opinions over the subject but i would say average 3* at the least.
The breakfast is very poor and buffet style with little choice.
We had stomach problems all the time we were there.
Rooms old dated and falling to bits in places,rust on balconies and paint peeling off the walls.
The bath is horrible and i wouldn't use.
Mould on the ceilings in the allegro bar and an awful musty smell.
I would say the management need to invest in the maintenance program and keep up with it.

Would i return??? No
This Hotel needs serious investment and higher standards both in the rooms and the food to really be called a 5* resort

5 Thank mbetts
RoyalHideaway1, Social Media Coordinator at Royal Hideaway Playacar, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Mbetts,

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts on your stay with us.We sincerely apologize that your recent stay at Royal Hideaway fell below your expectations.

Excellent service is what we strive to be known for, therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

The issues you encountered with the food are not at all typical of the standards of service, and we regret your disappointment. Please rest assured, we have shared your comments with our Restaurant Manager and executive chef, and we have taken the appropriate measures.

Despite the inconveniences we hope you give us the chance to host you again.

Brookline, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm sorry this is so late....it deserved to be posted earlier!! I booked a vacation for five nights at The Royal Hideaway Playacar to ask my girlfriend's hand in marriage. Let me say that right from the start it was different from other resorts I stayed at in Mexico. We were greeted with a warm smile, a cold glass of champagne and a warm wet towel with the scent of lavender and something else that made your face feel clean and completely refreshed. After checking in we were brought to our building with it's own center courtyard....with fountain and private concierge!
The service was second to none! They went out of their way to learn your name and make you feel very important and special. You were never without a drink whether at the pool or on the beach. They worked very hard to tend to all of your needs. I mentioned the beach.....oh the beach! The beach is absolutely beautiful with soft white sand and crystal blue waters!
The food at Royal Hideaway is absolutely out of this world! I've dined at some very nice and expensive restaurants, and I thought the food was as good if not better than any of those back in the states or Europe!
I booked a dinner on the beach to ask my girlfriend to marry me. It was perfect....except maybe the same love songs playing over and over for us....it actually had us laughing quite a bit. The service, the food and the surroundings were perfect for our special night, right down to the smoothed out sand for our path leading to our table on the beach!
I can't recommend this resort enough...it's amazing! The only thing I can say for a negative did not happen to us, but a couple that had family and friends come down for a destination wedding. The railing broke loose on their balcony and one of their guests fell to the ground below...luckily only one story up and soft grass to ease the fall. It was definitely rusted and need to be replaced so it does need some maintenance done on some of the buildings. Honestly if that didn't happen you would've never known....everything looked beautiful!
By the way....she said yes!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Darrin B
RoyalHideaway1, Reputation Management at Royal Hideaway Playacar, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Darrin B,

Thanks so much for your the lovely review, we really appreciate the time you took to share your experience. We’re very happy you and your fiancée enjoyed your stay with us. We are especially pleased to learn that you most enjoyed the arrival experience, your room, the food, the grounds, and of course the beauty of the beach. Also thank you for your feedback which, we will use to better the experience here.

Thank you again for sharing hopefully we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back probably for your honeymoon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Magic Blue Hotel
Magic Blue Hotel
#53 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#59 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#44 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Paradisus by Melia Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus by Melia Playa del Car...
#22 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
#38 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Oasis Tulum
Grand Oasis Tulum
#18 of 23 in Akumal

Been to Royal Hideaway Playacar? Share your experiences!