I stayed for 7 days at the RHP in the fall of 2012 and enjoyed it Immensely. I won't write a long review but if you are a couple looking for a small quiet resort, this is it. I have stayed in many 5 stars resorts and this one is THE one for me. DO NOT look for entertainment on this resort, you will have peaceful, romantic. Crowd is mostly couples, 30 ish and older.
From arrival to departure top notch service. Food was great, beach awesome, pools, room, everything was clean and perfect. The fact that amazed me most is that on day 2, restaurants and bar employees would remember my name, my drinks, asked if I wanted a cappuccino again for breakfast, etc... And on vacation, I am social but more the quiet type with my book... Not the outgoing talking to everybody kind of guy....
To have a waiter come to the far end of the beach every 15 minutes to make sure I had all I wanted with a smile, it was almost too much service. Not that they were bothersome, au contraire, it was just surprising that this level of service existed in all inclusive resorts.
We enjoyed a lobster dinner on the beach one night, absolutely gorgeous, service as always out of this world, food delicious.
Beach was soft white sand, water clear blue, perfect. Room on the small side but had all we needed and a very comfortable bed. About 30 minute walk to playa del Carmen by the beach. Infinity pool was nice, nothing fancy but enjoyed it every day after spending the day on the beach.
Came back rested, relaxed, pampered. i enjoyed it so much It is the first time that I want to go back to a resort. Many people are repeat customers and once you have experienced it, you can understand why.
LOVED IT and will probably be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico