We visited Oct 12-19th. I chose this place because of recommendations from friends and the reviews on here. Sadly this resort was lacking. The front desk receptionist asked if we were celebrating anything special. We said yes, our 10 year anniversary was in September. She acted like that it was ridiculous to be celebrating a month late.
Some of the food was incredible, some was mediocre and some as absolutely awful. Most was beautifully presented whether it tasted good or not. 5 ouf the 7 dinners we had there we had fantastic service. Those other two nights our service was slow and unfriendly. We were unhappy with the fact that the breakfast buffet was our only option, neither my husband nor I liked it. They also did not have the dinner show the entire week we were there.
We were introduced to our concierge. After that finding him was impossible. He was working between 2 villas. I realize that it was not his fault he was busy. With that said we requested an extra blanket twice, never received. it. When we were able to find him once to ask him a question, he yelled down to us from the second floor landing. He made it clear we were bothering him.
The beach and ocean are amazing. White sand and clear blue water. There are plenty of beach chairs and the bali beds are great!
If you only want to eat, drink and lie on the beach then this is the type of resort you want. For us it was extremely boring.
We were in Villa 26 and it was in the center of the resort. The room was nice, the bed was very, very firm. Even from our room we could hear the music blaring from the other resorts until late into the night.
They do take immaculate care of the resort grounds. There were people always cleaning and repairing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico