My boyfriend and I just returned from our Playa Del Carmen trip and really enjoyed our stay at the Royal Hideaway! The pros: beautiful grounds, room was very clean and roomy, the staff were always exceptionally nice, the food with the exception of The Azia (Japanese) restaurant was all very good, adults only so very relaxing, never had to worry about getting a chair on the beach or by the pool, always had quick drink service why laying out on the beach, awesome concierge service. The cons: if you're looking for any kind of nightlife or activities, this is not your place, the average age was probably around 60ish, difficult to control temperature in shower, we were in villa 30 which backed-up to a very loud resort and we heard extremely loud music in the evening which was difficult to block out (recommend you get an internal villa instead of one on the perimeter). Also, our patio faced the worker’s entrance and a cement wall bordering the loud and active resort (picture microphone amplified voices for pool games and the resonance of “shots, shots, shots….” blaring loudly). Pretty much made our patio unusable.
Shout outs for David & Bernardino who served us drinks on the beach - so friendly and happy! Also for Domingo who is a server at Las Palazos (italian) restaurant - awesome service. Our concierge, Laita, was extremely nice and helpful – she even decorated our room for my boyfriend’s birthday!
We dove with the onsite dive company (Barrakuda SCUBA) two different times and were lucky enough to have private dives both times! Both of our dive masters - Alex (cenote dive) and Leonardo (Cozumel dive) were unbelievably awesome!! They were very professional and had great people skills. There is no way we could have had a better diving experience!!
We would definitely return to the resort for a relaxing vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico