We have vacationed at several resorts along the Riviera Maya, but the Royal Hideway is truely at the top of the list. What impresses me most about the resort is it's reputation along the southern coast of Cancun. When we stay at other resorts, and talk with the management, they are always telling us that their General Manager or Executive Chef is from the Royal Hideaway -- making the Royal Hideaway the "Gold Standard" for luxury resorts.
The Royal Hideway is a great oasis, the place to get away from it all. It's quiet and elegant with a sophisticated atmosphere. One of their biggest concerns is their noisy neighbors to the right. If you really want a quiet vacation, ask for a room to the left of the resort because the neighboring hotel has loud pool games in the afternoon and rock music at night.
As for dining, we enjoyed breakfast and lunch the most with service near the pool. Dinner service was slow, and I don't think they have enough dining rooms or space for everyone at night. Every restauant was full, and they wanted us to come back at 9 pm, which was just too late to eat. I think they could solve this problem with a buffet restaurant in the evening, so people could just help themselves.
All in all, this was our second visit to the resort, and I would highly recommend it. Housekeeping, the luxurious rooms and the general service around the pool and beach are absolutely impeccable. Although the room rates are high, I'd rather stay at the Royal Hideaway for a few days than a week at another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico