New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Top Notch Italian - a real find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luna Rossa - CLOSED

Luna Rossa
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We have terrace, but also our beautiful garden of tropical plants is smoking area, also we have a room with air conditioning, a quiet place suitable for the whole family
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Top Notch Italian - a real find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have viisted Luna Rosa on each of our trips to Playa and really love the food. Its often quiet in side but do not let that put you off. Most in Playa stay on the main street and Luna Rosa is just off the main street near The Gran Porto Real resort.This restaurant just needs a bit more confidence in itself, its far better than many that are often busier.

The food is variety of Italian favourites and the vegetation food is excellent, especially the pizzas and the lasagne. The wine list is pretty good though as its imported from Italy a little expensive, but the food is great value. Service is always excellent. Its a real find in Playa and I'm sure you wont be disappointed. We will be back before we leave. Salut.

• 4 of 5 stars

Nashville, Tennessee
“WoW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were looking for some thing other than resort food because we had about all of that we could stand and after looking up and down 5th ave. I told my wife we were going to try this little place out and see what happens. Wow, let me tell you I have never had as good of lasagnia? in all my life, 2 orders of a large portion and 4 drinks $34.00 usd..I thought it might be a fluke so we went back the next day and had a pizza, same thing out of this world. A 10 inch pizza and 2 drinks $14.00 usd, could not believe it so the day before we left we had to have the lasagnia one more time and man was it good. If you ever do go there the little short waiter has a trick to show you and you will be amased when you see it. I give this place a total thumbs up for price , service and great food. David W. Nashville Tn. 12/17/12

South Carolina Lowcountry
“Excellent Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I had a very enjoyable lunch at this wonderful little Italian restaurant which is just a few paces east of 5th Avenue in PDC. We started with a Greek salad which was made from really fresh, crispy bell peppers (red, green & yellow), crunchy cucumbers, feta cheese, and a great balsamic & olive oil dressing. It was accompanied by very warm foccacia bread served straight from the oven. We then shared a delicious pizza made with mozarella, parmesan & gorgonzola cheeses. The service was superb.

We will be back to this little gem very soon.

Waldorf, Maryland
“Excellent prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I had a lovely dinner al fresco. The food was plentiful and delicious and quite inexpensive. Dinner for two with entrees, drinks and appetizers was around $30 USD.

Visited May 2012
Missouri City, Texas
“family dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Excellent pasta, pizza is very good! Price is reasonable and service is excellent. We have eaten here multiple times, and continue to return!

Visited July 2012