“Fantastic”

and up
Xcaret Park Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Xcaret (pronounced eesh - carette )is a must-see destination while visiting Cancun and Riviera Maya, situated only 37 miles from Cancun International. Xcaret," Mexico ’s sacred paradise" was opened in December 1990 as an eco-archeological park where visitors from all over the world can enjoy the splendor of Mexico’s biodiversity and cultural heritage. Attractions: Underground Rivers, Beach, lagoon & pools, Tropical Jungle Trail, Rotating Scenic Tower.
Oswaldtwistle, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a brilliant time here. Only 10 minute from our hotel in Playacar. The beaches were outstanding, the wildlife was great, lots to see and do. We got the Plus ticket so got snorkelling gear and our lunch included, food was great. From the beach you can swim 100 yards to the dolphins and be within 2mtrs of them. We did the underground river with our 2 year old, it was safe and we all loved it. We also caught the shows in the evening which we loved. All in all a great day out with or without children. You'll love it.

Visited September 2013

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Great Water Park”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Enjoyed our day here. Although it rained on the day it was ok as it's a water park. Just spoilt a few photos especially the butterflies as they hid whilst it was raining. The snorkel around the park was great. Fish at the start & end but none in the middle but they mustn't like it where it's darker.
The whole snorkel swim was a great experience though, & a Lovely setting. Definately take the little boat ride it is so serene & you get some good photos. Decided on the day to do the Ray sea trek. Was a bit nervous as I'm not very good under water.They tell you how to interact with them so as not to hurt them. Glad I did it, it was awesome. Was told the pressure was just like being on a plane, & it was. The A/I meal was good. Plenty of choice.Try to eat late into the afternoon as you have the night show at 7pm. We did take in a few bites to eat for lunch (didn't check our bags) as we got picked up at 7.10 am & didn't have time to eat breakfast. There is a policy on sunscreen & although we brought some biogradeable they never checked our bags whereas I had heard before I went that they do. What they do though if your not sure is they will check yours if you ask them to or you can bypass the desk. They give you a number to collect it at the end. A great day all round. Would recommend this tour.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank holidayheaven4me
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Watch out if you buy your tickets online!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a terrible experience after purchasing our tickets online. Xcaret is not prepared for e-Commerce, so please be careful:

1) Unlike most online tickets you buy in the US, what you get when buying from Xcaret’s website is not your entry ticket, but some sort of voucher you need to exchange at the front door…and yes, you’ll first need to get in line to get your “real tickets” and then make a second line to get in the park.

2) You need to provide the credit card you used to purchase the online tickets and an official ID with photograph or they won’t let you in.

3) Although your tickets are already paid for, Xcaret will again ask for your credit card number and will write it down in a piece of paper.

4) Think it twice if you plan to use a virtual credit card number to complete your online purchase… Good luck explaining what that is and why the number in the online transaction and the number in the physical credit card won’t match.

I visited in August 2013 with a large group of friends and family -- we had all purchased our tickets online…and we all had problems. In my case, our main issue was that my wife had purchased the online tickets and did not bring her wallet to the water park. And although we had a) the online purchase “voucher” print out, b) a credit card that matched the credit card number printed in the voucher (I did bring my wallet and my credit card number is the same as my wife’s since we share the same account) and, c) several IDs with my wife’s name and my name together (e.g., medical insurance ID, vehicle insurance card, our children's emergency ID cards, etc.), the employee at the front gate told us she couldn’t give us our tickets to enter the park.

I understood that the employees at the front gate would have guidelines to follow so I asked to speak with the supervisor and the supervisor’s supervisor thinking that a manager would easily understand the situation, review the documents we were presenting, use his judgment and let us in (I thought seeing the faces of my crying kids would help too).

I thus spoke with Armando Un Mex, the manager. Armando acknowledged we were who we said and told us he would get into their system and try to switch the name in the database from my wife’s name to my name (since I was the one with the photo IDs and the credit card.) After a while he came back and said “he hadn’t been able to make the switch in the database” and that he could not let us in. I honestly could not believe it -- why would Xcaret acknowledge we were not “impostors” and agree to change the tickets to my name, but not let us enter the park is above my level of understanding…

At the end, after spending about US$250 in tickets (2 adults, 2 kids), spending around US$80 in ground transportation and spending more than two hours in a 90-degrees sun trying to enter the park, we had to turn around and leave…

Visited August 2013
15 Thank tacubofan
ExperienciasXcaret, Customer Service Team at Xcaret Eco Theme Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Visitor,

We apologize for all that you had to go through in the ticket office; we know these procedures may be bothering but we have established them in order to protect our customers and avoid any fraud case, that´s why we ask all the time for all the documents. As well, we would like to share with you that so as to make more efficient this procedure we have a ticket office exclusively for people who purchase via online, where you can confirm the hour of your optional activity if you previously bought it, avoiding the lines for those who want to buy them inside the park.

Nevertheless, we understand your inconvenience and let us share with you that thank to your feedback our Optimization Team is working to improve the redeeming process for the tickets purchased online, this in order to avoid future situations like the one you told us about. As well, we are improving the printed coupon, for the information presented on it, it becomes clearer and more specific.

Finally, we would like to ask you to provide us an email so we can contact you more immediately, in the same way, for quality assurance purposes we ask you to answer the private message we sent you through TripAdvisor.

Hope to hear from you soon, we still at your service.

Best Regards!

Customer Service Team
Experiencias Xcaret
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Well worth the wait to experience Xcaret”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

In typical disney style the owners have made a brilliant day out for everyone who visits.There seems to be literally something for everyone and its hard to take it all in during one day or one visit. We arrived later than planned so suggest for a full day getting there just after opening if you have the energy. We thoroughly enjoyed the water items especially the river in the tunnel, not sure what it is called but the whole family loved it. Water was a bit cold for the baby so we took her out before the end. A bit surprised there was not staff at each exit point on this ride however given the volume of people.One in our party had a faulty life jacket so having someone on hand would have been good. The bars and restaurants all seem great and the maya village and other attractions are all worth a visit. the night show was a star turn - i would say ten thousand people packed into an amphi-theatre to be thoroughly entertained for hours. My only comment was that the show whilst brilliant and which led you through mexico from the maya to modern day, seemed a bit drawn out, it is my humble opinion they could have shaved half an hour off it and it would have been as entertaining but having said that one of the most spectacular, variable and entertaining shows i have seen in a long time. Could easily be a broadway smash hit if they could ever find a theatre with 10,000 seats. The show on its own was worth the entry fee. First class entertainment all the way. If you are in Playa or Cancun, go there! you will not be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Vanilla_Custard
Toronto, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A full day of fun for couples, family and friends”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time vising Xcaret. We took advantage of the buffet which was very good, as well as the underwater river float. If you have a waterproof camera with a flash, it's definitely worth it to bring along, though it is fairly dark in there. The animal exhibits were beautiful and they are kept in large, natural type enclosures. They seem to be well kept too.
There are evening performances so if you plan to go to that, you may not want to take the first shuttle in the morning because that may be too long of a day
Overall, tons of fun!