“Full day out and worthwhile”

Xcaret Eco Theme Park
$158.99*
Xcaret from Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Xcaret (pronounced eesh - carette )is a must-see destination while visiting Cancun and Riviera Maya, situated only 37 miles from Cancun International. Xcaret," Mexico ’s sacred paradise" was opened in December 1990 as an eco-archeological park where visitors from all over the world can enjoy the splendor of Mexico’s biodiversity and cultural heritage. Attractions: Underground Rivers, Beach, lagoon & pools, Tropical Jungle Trail, Rotating Scenic Tower.
Medellin, Colombia
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Full day out and worthwhile”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went here on an excursion from Cancun and had a wonderful time. There is so much to see and do from the red/scarlet toucans to swimming in the underground caverns to the final show which lasts over 2 hours and is the finale of the day.

A truly memorable day adn one we would highly recommend.

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Antioch, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice, a little overwhelming”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

First visit to Xcaret, and it was a little too much. Lots and lots of things to do and see, but it helps if you know the routines. We did the river snorkling first of all - very enjoyable. At the end of the swim, we turned in all or our gear (masks, flippers, life vest) as we thought was expected. Seems we would have had to rent snorkle gear if we wanted to spend more time snorkling...? I suppose we could have gone to the "Xcaret Plus" area and gone through the process of picking our gear, bagging our stuff, etc., but we didn't test that.
Didn't really interact with many staff members, so can't really tell how helpful/friendly they were. The waiter at the buffet restaurant where we had lunch was very friendly, but not very attentive.
Shows were good, entertaining and informative, but, again, there was a lot to do, maybe too much for a 1-day visit. Also, I'd hardly call the Xcaret Plus package all-inclusive - there were still plenty of things that required payment, including dinner with the evening show. All in all, while it was a pleasant experience, we'll stick with Xel-Ha in the future.

1 Thank Phil L
ExperienciasXcaret, Customer Service Staff at Xcaret Eco Theme Park, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Visitor,

Thank you for the time you took to write this review.

Regarding your comments about the snorkel gear, we apologize for not informing you that if you rent the snorkel, or you get the Xcaret Plus Package (where you have included the snorkel gear), in both cases you can keep the equipment all day long without extra pay. You can use it on the rivers, on the beach or in any other activity which requires. Be sure, thanks to your comments we will reinforce the knowledge of the information provided by our staff, in order to avoid cases like yours.

On the other hand, let us share with you that we do have a “Xcaret two days package”, where you have access to the park for two days, and you can enjoy our park without any rush. In order to improve our services, we would like to tell us in which via you bought your tickets, to enhance with them the knowledge of the packages that we have. For that we leave at your disposal our email: customerservice@experienciasxcaret.com.mx
Hope to visit us again. We still at your service.

Customer Service Team
Experiencias Xcaret
Cedar Hills, Utah
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Entertaining and Relaxing!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We loved the lazy river. It took about 50 minutes to go through the whole thing and it was so relaxing and beautiful. I would definitely wear fins though. Some people didn't wear fins and they got worn out by the end of the river. I didn't really feel like I needed a mask and snorkel but it was fun to see the big blue fish at the end, but I didn't use the snorkel and mask otherwise.
We also did the dolphin advenutre. We got a special deal for $71.00 but I wish I would've known that it didn't include actually swimming on a dolphin. I thought I was going to be able to grab their fins and have them pull me through the water. That was the $150.00 package but they didn't tell us that so we got to pet them and do some fun little tricks with them, but it wasn't quite what I expected even though it was enjoyable. Also, they wanted $29.00 a picture! and $200 or so for the whole pacakge (pictures and video). Unfortunately, I don't have proof that I even swam with dolphins because the prices for pictures and video were outrageous!
The show at night was awesome! I thought it was very well done. We also enjoyed the butterfly area and the beaches.
Overall, I loved the place and the activities, I just wish I had a better dolphin experience. Otherwise, it was awesome and I would definitely take my family there.

1 Thank Krissie B
Toronto, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Must do activity in the Mayan riviera”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is one of the " must do" activities in the Mayan riviera . It is a wonderful experience for all ages. The Eco park is full of history and cultural information of the Mayan and Mexican people, a wonderful scenic circular tower to see miles of the area, great aqua activities. Without a doubt, the climax of the day is the spectacular evening theatre show. Not to be missed! Please do make some time to include this into your vacation - you won't be disappointed.

2 Thank Nana22princesses
Horsham, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely day out”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We arrived here as soon as the place opened at 8:30 and saw most things. We had a plus package that including snorkel hire, lunch and we brought a ticket for a meal with the evening show. As we arrived early we could choose any seat we liked for the meal during the show.
There is a path with a black line which leads from the entrance to the Xcaret plus changing rooms all the way to the far end of the underground river. This path is very useful for getting your bearings.
We went down the underground river first thing, it was a bit eerie, we were the only people swimming in the dark, we didn't see any fish until the end. My husband walked most of the 1/2 mile but being smaller I had to swim. You have to wear a life jacket.
We choose La Laguna restaurant for lunch which is an international buffet. Lots of choice, I had pizzas and tried different Mexican foods.
If you go in the butterfly area, go upstairs as there were more butterflies there.
We went snorkelling in a lagoon, I saw a few fish, but the current was a little strong here.
The first half of the evening show was great I especially liked it when they play hockey with a ball that was on fire. The meal was nice, you had 3 courses and 4 choices at each course. Some of the food I ordered I had never heard of before and eating it in the dark was an interesting experience.
When you go in the underground river they give you a bag to put things you might need when you get out (shoes, towels etc.) the bag is then taken to the other end of the river. They took my husband's glasses separately so they wouldn't get broken in the bag.