“Mrs”
other travelers have booked this property
Love Birds, Anyone?
Gorgeous tiled pool, great view Lovely bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Love Birds, Anyone?
Gorgeous tiled pool, great view
Lovely bedroom
Antique hacienda head board
Fully stocked kitchen
Granite counters
Large living space
Two bathrooms, with adjoining shower
Tumbled marble shower
Room with a view
Rooftop with palapa & pool available for rent.
A palapa in paradise... just what the doctor ordered...
Plunge pool with waterfall, jacuzzi, and venetian tiles!
Beautiful Spanish gate & secure.
Room with a View
Bouganvillas are Everywhere!
Excellent floor plan
Little terrace off bedroom
Nice accessories
Cerveza anyone?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
shanhowar...
“Mrs”
Reviewed November 30, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I highly recommend Arena Blanca! It is centrally located with a quick stroll to a gorgeous beach and walking distance to several great restaurants. Perfect for a family vacation!!! It is a quiet, gated condo with a relaxing atmosphere for when you want a break from the beach and the night life.

ThisGuyMe
El Paso, Texas
“Location Location Location!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Great location. Close to everything but quite enough.Very clean and well maintained.I would highly recommend it, and may possibly return myself!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Apr 16, 2016
Thank you! We appreciate having you enjoy our slice of paraiso in Playa! Come back pronto!
Terry M
Seattle, Washington
“Good Location, OK amenities”
Reviewed February 23, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

For those that don't like to read see my Good/Bad findings at the bottom.
For everyone else let the story begin!

Getting to the place was easy enough we took a private van from the airport and gave him the sheet of paper showing the address in Spanish. For those interested I used Yellow Taxi and it cost 974 Peso from the Cancun airport. I purchased my return trip at the same time for 1/2 price and it worked out just fine. Once I arrived to the room all the codes worked but the building manager (Nadia) was not around so I called to get an orientation and she told me just to not worry about it and she would see us in the morning and that we could find her during the days if we needed anything. I get into my room and it is HOT and MUGGY. Not even the fans were on so we quickly turned them on and tried to get the AC on but did not understand the controller. There was a bag of chips and a couple of beers waiting for us though so that was nice. We gave up on the AC that night and opened the windows. It was a rather awful nights sleep with the excess heat and the hard as a rock lumpy bed and no one was in a good mood the next morning. We woke up and I kept waiting around for Nadia to give us the orientation and she never showed up so we walked into town. I actually only saw that lady like 3 times the entire stay (9 Days). No one else speaks much if any English so they would end up calling her on her cellphone and giving me the phone and we would relay what we wanted back and forth. The lack of orientation when there is even an orientation checklist and sign off sheet i am supposed to sign (Never happened) was irritating to say the least. As for the room itself it looks cute and is layed out well but had several things in need of correction. The curtains as other reviewers have pointed out will not close tightly and leaves gaps allowing light in and others to see inside your rooms. As nice as having the water was I really wish it had been on the counter as shown in the picture not in the super hot laundry room. I couldn't move the water with it being full though. The internet works well in the living room and is pretty fast during most of the day at night someone must be streaming movies because it drops to super slow speeds. In the bedroom the internet was very poor at all times. The TV's are dated and the bedroom does not have any HDMI ports to use for movies. The air conditioning worked well to cool the room but it runs the whole time and is loud. It is not like a standard AC that turns off when it reaches temperature this one keeps the fan on. I downloaded the user manual but couldn't find a way to get it to not run the fan. A couple of nights it was very noisy behind the room but I believe that was other guests on the back porches. In the morning on more than one occasion I was woken up by the maids having conversations while sitting on the stairs going to the next floor. We managed to get food poisoning or something and spent a day sick so it was nice to have two restrooms but the one near the living room was very loud and flushed very poorly. We knew right away that one was only to pee in. The bed became so uncomfortable that I slept on the couch and one night made the mistake of trying to pull out the sofa bed. The end kept collapsing so I gave up and decided to put it back up and realized it was jammed and I spent awhile before giving up. The next day I pointed to it shrugged my shoulders and the maid seemed to understand. When I got back it was put back up and I left it alone from then on. The maid did an outstanding job of cleaning as well. At night the place has a security guard and he is very professional. One of the cooks a block over commented how he wouldn't let him park his car over there and that he was very serious. The pool was great after a long day and my daughter even learned how to swim in it. The location couldn't be better for this place. I know it may seem like I had a lot of negative comments but most can easily be taken care of with a proper orientation and some very minimal upgrades. All in all this was a great starting place to get out and explore Playa. I recommend catching all taxis at the AXXO on the corner if you try to get one a block over on 5th they charge 30-40% more. We took taxis everywhere even to the parks Xel-Ha and Xcaret. With a little negotiating the taxi was just slightly more than the buses and much less of a hassle. A taxi to the other end of the strip ran about 50 Peso and would get you to the ferry or Wal-Mart. A ferry to Cozumel was 135 Peso for adults and 70 Peso for kids. there are 3 main ferry's just show up and grab one way tickets with the next one leaving, same thing on the way back. We walked down to the beach a few times but there is a lot of seaweed. My daughter enjoyed it but I was less impressed and stuck with the pool. The parks Xcaret (Think Eco-Zoo) and Xel-Ha (Water Activities + unlimited alcoholic drinks!) were pretty awesome. Pictures are expensive ($100+ US) so take a lot to make up for it or use your own camera. This fish at Xel-Ha were something else, we took our daughter Snooba diving just two days after she learned to swim and she loved it. We did not really use the terrace much. It was being painted during the day and the water tub was empty a few days being cleaned or something. After making a couple trips up the stairs it was obvious we wouldn't be using it much without the tub. We enjoyed our trip and it was a great location so we would recommend the place as long as you know what your are getting into and don't settle for not getting the orientation. The bed was our #1 complaint besides the lack of orientation.

The Good
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location, Location, Location!

Beer & Chips waiting

Bottled water

Having two bathrooms

Fast internet speed (In the living room during the day)

The maid cleaned very well

The security guard was top notch

The pool was nice on hot days

The Not-So Good
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several items on this side of the list are a direct result of not getting an orientation and having to figure it out on our own.

The internet works well in the living room but was almost non functional in the bedroom.

At night the internet slows down a lot. I am guessing everyone is online at that time.

The curtains do not close tightly and leave gaps so others can see in (I saw this in another review as well)

I am happy they supplied the water however keeping it in the laundry was a poor decision as it was very warm. We would fill glasses and keep them in the fridge.

It was very hot and muggy in the room upon arrival. Not even the fans were on.

The TV's were confusing to use without instruction and it took a couple of days to figure everything out.

The TV remote battery cover kept falling off

Old TV's, not flat panels, no HDMI ports on bedroom TV

The bed was ROCK hard. It was actually pretty awful and I slept on the couch more than once.

Speaking off the couch don't try to pull out the bed. It collapses and you'll never get it put back up.

The lights flicker for awhile when you turn them on but that may just be a Mexico electrical thing.

The bedroom toilet worked well but the one off of the living room was loud and did not flush very well.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Mattress & Lack of Orientation
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
robin f
Pearland, Texas
“Everything was absolutely lovely!!!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

We had a great stay in this condo. Excellent location and close to a lot of good restaurants!!! I can't think of one thing I would change!!!!
Thanks again

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Spindle_H...
Chicago, Illinois
“Arena Blanca - Perfect Playa”
Reviewed November 30, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Arena Blanca is perfectly located a block off the beach and at the quiet end of 5th Ave. Everything Playa has to offer is easily within walking distance, and if you just want a quiet day by the pool, Arena Blanca has you covered. The units are perfectly appointed, there is rooftop access and the pool is lovely. In addition, the staff are very helpful and hardworking. Can't go wrong at Arena Blanca!!!

ou_chot
Dallas
“Excellent rental”
Reviewed August 26, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Great location. Maybe 2 blocks to the beach, ( which had seaweed due to the currents), and right by 5th Ave. Nadia was so nice. She was very patient with all the questions we had. Kids really enjoyed the pool area. Only suggestion would be to strengthen the wifi in the bedrooms and maybe warm up the hot water just a bit.

Property has a very detailed guide that was extremely helpful. Recommended lots of good restaurants and things to do. Villa was spacious and felt just like home!!

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of hot water.
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Becky B
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
“Great Condo!”
Reviewed June 28, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My wife, our two children(7 &10) and I just finished a great stay at Arena Blanca #2. I highly recommend it. It has everything you could need~ dishes, a washing machine, beach towels, beach chairs... etc. It is super clean, and we always felt very safe. It has a great pool right outside the front porch(which the kids LOVED) and it is in a great location~ a short walk to the beach, a very short walk to 5th avenue and a short walk to the non-tourist areas of Playa del Carmen. I know some Condos have issues with the sounds of the music from night clubs, but this was not the case here. Overall, it was a great place to stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing