“Jason and the Fantasea crew are solid!”

Fantasea Dive - Diving & Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Fantasea Dive and Adventures offers unparalleled personalized diving and adventures trips in Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel, the Riviera Maya and beyond. Get away from the crowds and let us show you the best diving and adventures the Mexican Caribbean has to offer.We take small groups with never more than 4 divers per guide, which allows us to provide you with exceptional personal attention and ensure you have the best experience possible. We also specialize in taking groups of any size such as couples, families, mancations and girl's getaways. Go scuba diving on one of the world’s most beautiful reefs, get PADI certified on all levels of dive instruction, experience a once-in-a lifetime cave or cenote dive, enjoy laid back fishing trips, or experience world class snorkeling.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We did 6 dives over 3 days, which included Cozumel, Cenote cave dives, and the Bull Shark dives- they were all outstanding! The guides were accommodating, professional, and personal. The dives were superb and the experiences will last forever! We look forward to going back and doing it again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you're anything like me and only get to dive sporadically (once a year if I'm lucky), you may find yourself a little nervous before the first dive of a given trip.

That said, my husband and I have found there's no better way to pacify those tummy butterflies than to dive with Jason at Fantasea. By the time I'm descending with that first tank, it's like riding a proverbial bike, and I fall in love with diving all over again in minutes flat.

We come back to Jason time and time again because he consistently manages to:

• do away with my "uh-oh, it's been a while" anxiety with his calm, attentive manner
• take us to great sites, where he practically introduces us to local critters by name
• keep his groups small (often it's been just the three of us)
• approach his job with infectious enthusiasm, never coming off as bored or antsy to surface before oxygen levels dictate the necessity. (And we've had that experience with other dive masters … It really does take some of the fun out of a dive.)
• be a great deal of fun to hang out with!

We're hoping to make it down again this spring. Hoping? Okay, maybe "jonesing" would be a more accurate word. ;-)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My family has been going to Playa Del Carmen since our baby was 3 years old, she's 18 now. In 15 years, we have met a lot of great people and watched this little town grow. The dive instructor Jason (owner), is geared for any thing you would need to dive. He certified my daughter and we have done some cenote dives, lots of advanced open water dives and more exciting a technical dive. A memory I will never forget. This company still has the small town mentality with the resources of those international companies that don't have the great friendly skills it takes to have one of those trips that you will never forget. We highly recommend this company.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

After some careful research, I decided to take a chance here and I can honestly say that it couldn't have gone better! Jason is a very relaxed individual with a genuine passion for everything about the ocean and loves sharing it with people from around the globe. The staff were all very friendly and experienced. The staff were always lugging my gear around and making sure I was having a fun and relaxed experience.

I booked three days of diving the reefs, with bull sharks, and cenotes. In the seven+ years I've been diving, the bull shark and cenote dives have to be in my top five most memorable dives.

I was a little cautious about diving with the bull sharks but Jason answered all my questions and prepared me very well for the dive that by the time we hit the water I felt super comfortable and pretty much had a smile on my face the entire dive. Shipwreck was great too! Definitely an experience I will never forget.

Diving the cenotes with Klaus was great too! We drove out to Dos Ojos and did two great dives in the caves and saw some really cool formations and a bat cave. Water was crystal clear and safety was definitely priority one.

I would definitely recommend Fantasea to anyone who wants a top notch diving experience!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We planned this trip months in advance and thoroughly scoured any and all dive operations in Playa Del Carmen. This was our first trip to Mexico and we heard about the Shark Dive in Playa with Fantasea Divers. My wife did a similar shark dive in the Bahamas and thought that I would really enjoy this dive. I'm not going to lie, I was very nervous and hadn't dove since last March in Tobago.

We arrived at the dive shop early and shortly there after Jason came walking down the street to greet us. Our first impression of Jason was that he is very knowledgeable and relaxed. My wife made the comment that in all the diving she has done, it was the first time she didn't feel rushed. Jason is very likable and great to talk with.

Jason went over how the dive was going to play out and the various hand signals when the sharks arrived. Upon descent we saw two sharks at the bottom. Jason has a video camera to record the dive which is a bonus. As much as you can film your own video, you don't do as good of a job and you never get yourself in the video. The dive video was good value.

This was my second dive trip within the year and I hadn't dove in over 27 years prior to this trip. All I can say is that this was the most incredible dive of my life. The sharks didn't seem to care that you were around and they seemed to go about their way. My wife made the comment, "They are like dogs, you will see." I thought that was odd, but they really are. They are not there to harm anyone. I feel privileged to have been in the presence of such awesome creatures.

What made this trip was Jason's communication over the months ahead of time with my wife, his relaxed demeanor, video of the dive, and comfort level we had with him as our dive master. He is top notch and we can't wait to come back to snorkel with the Whale Sharks and Jason. Thank you Jason for a memory of a lifetime!

1  Thank David G