While we had stayed at an all inclusive several years ago, we wanted to try something different this time. Maya Villa is a great, small hotel a block from the beach. Any reluctance I may have had to walking through back streets in Mexico was quickly dispelled as we went back and forth to the Indigo Beach Club and 5th Avenue many times.
We had a top floor penthouse unit, and the views & furnishings were very nice. Best to get one with the more unobstructed views as those are spectacular. The pool and hot tub are nice and relaxing, and it was fun to swim under the cascading water near the back. The courtyard is really beautiful, and the room worked out great for our family of 5. There was enough room to add a hide-a-bed for our 3rd. Very nice and clean bathroom and showers, and the kitchen is well set up and very convenient for cooking meals or just snacking & drinking.
We booked when they were including breakfast (not sure if they always do), and both locations were very good. The restaurant downstairs was very nice and quiet with great food, and the beach club was a great outdoor dining option.
The staff at the main office down the street and the concierge office downstairs were very helpful. Whether it was getting towels or calling for help in the room (like lighting the barbecue) the office staff was always courteous and prompt. The guys in the concierge office were great at suggesting places to go and how best to get there.
There are lot's of dining and shopping options within a few blocks, and the hotel is just a block from 5th Avenue where there is a lot happening all the time. The most fun is down at the south end of 5th when we saw a small acrobat group on the very tall pole. The Mega store is about 5 blocks away and is a great big grocery store. Don't expect it to be like Safeway though.
I think we would definitely consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico