We traveled to Playa Del Carmen for a cousin's wedding, but also planned our trip as a family vacay, and were there for 8 days. Our excellent experience started since the moment we checked in Maya Villa which was during the late evening. We took a taxi from Cancun to Playa for about $20 bucks; you DON'T need a rental in Playa! We stayed in condo 405 which consisted of 2 bedrooms w/1 king and 2 twin size beds, 2 bathrooms, a very spacious living room with a great view of the garden and pool, and a fully equipped kitchen. The security guard and another villa employee helped us carry our luggage to our condo that night, and gave us tips on where to have dinner the first night. << Super cool guys!
When we arrived, our fridge was stocked with drinks and snacks; although they are not free of charge, the prices are very low compared to a mini bar type of price list. It was stocked with different flavored sodas, milk, an array of juices, beer, ice, etc,... and each item is like 50 cents more than it would actually cost at a convenience store. Not bad, and it saves you the hassle of going to a convenience store in the super hot, muggy, wonderful Riviera Mayan weather! It was a nice treat to find :) Thanks!
The following morning, we took a taxi to a nearby grocery store to stock the fridge and pantry. When we came back with all the grocery bags, two other employees helped us carry everything to our condo. Again, these two guys were super nice and also gave us "locals" tips on attractions, night clubs and restaurants when we asked them. We're Mexican Nationals, and wanted to know all the cool places all the locals would frequent and recommend.
I knew wi-fi was available, so I went to the concierge office that is right outside the villa, and the customer service lady was also extremely nice and helpful... she offered me a wi-fi package to use during our entire stay, and I believe it was like $50 dollars or a bit less I believe. Since she saw we had a toddler and our two older sons with us, she said we could check out movies, board games and beach toys free of charge.
Amenities... they seriously have almost everything you would have in your house! Closets, drawers, DVD player, flat screen tv's in the rooms and living room, microwave, hair dryer, blender, air conditioning, coffee maker << (very important), bath amenities, etc. Everything you might need, they have :) The housekeeping ladies are very professional, friendly, and do an amazing job in keeping the place extremely clean and fresh. Leave them a nice tip, don't be stingy!
Although we only used the villa's Indigo Beach Club and restaurant once, the food was delish and the beach club service was incredible. A lot of our family members were in Playa, so we were kind of hopping back and forth between different beach clubs and 5th Ave.
The location is also very, very close to the beach, and famous Avenida 5ta; about 2 mins. walking distance either to the beach or 5th Ave. I feel the location is actually perfect because you can be out and about all day/night, then get a good night sleep away from the noise going on at night (the night clubs and restaurants are great). Everything, I mean everything is within walking distance, so don't even bother to rent a car. If you want to go to any of the nearby attractions such as Tulum, Xcaret etc, take a bus or taxi and save your money on the rental; seriously! It's way more convenient and cheaper. The villa has 24 hour security and there is also 24 hour concierge service. I needed to get my hair done for the wedding, and the concierge desk recommended, and made an appt. for me. Regarding the pool area; it's not a "party pool" where there are tons of people or kids and a pool bar, It's more of a relaxed river-like setting.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this place for its price, service, quality, and commodity. I would definitely stay here again without a doubt, and wouldn't bother too look somewhere else; definitely a winning hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico