We stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroom, ground floor villa in August, and could not have been happier with our stay. The check in staff were very friendly and informative, providing us with information about the complimentary beach club, Indigo, the fitness center and the restaurants and other activities in the area. We were even given a VIP discount card to use at various establishments around Playa del Carmen.
Our luggage was taken to our room, parking was provided for our car, and then we were shown how to use everything in our villa, from the A/C to cable TV.
The condo itself was very well-equipped with dishwasher, stove top, full fridge, freezer (ice is complimentary and delivered on request).
The furnishings are beautiful and the condo was beautifully designed with Mayan-themed artwork on the walls, marble flooring and beautiful bathrooms.
We loved the Gecko pool! It took us a while to realise that the long, winding pool which starts at the Jacuzzi and ends at a tropical waterfall, was actually in the shap of a gecko, complete with tiled gecko feet! The Jacuzzi is the head, and is heated for relaxing evening dips, whilst the rest is cool and refreshing.
The Maya Villa property has a modern, tropical feel, it was very quiet when we stayed there and is surrounded by high walls for privacy. It is a peaceful, lush oasis which was much appreciated after days spent beach-hopping and touring in Playa del Carmen and surrounds.
We will definitely be back, and cannot wait to return to this part of the world we love so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico