Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$356
$235
Bookit.com
  • Pool
$587
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$517
$269
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$337
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$234
$202
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla(Playa del Carmen)
$1,852
Melia.com
$682
$466
$1,000
$462
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$1,125
$806
$453
$439
All reviewshot tubel tajimprevist restaurantfull kitchenrooftop deckhour securitythe penthouseliving roomboth bedroomsgreat gymsecond bedroomwater cooleran ideal locationfishing boatsbreakfast includedquinta avenidarestaurants and shopping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had an extremely pleasant and memorable stay. We stayed in suite 405. The rooms were great, the only dislike was the shower in the master bedroom, it wasn't as powerful as I would've liked it. Other then that it felt like home. The maid was extremely efficient and very pleasant. The 24 hour security made us feel safe and the 24 hour concierge was quick to answer and met our needs. The best part was the beach which was a 2 minute walk from the hotel, not to mention 5th ave which was right behind us. We did not take a cab anywhere. Indigo beach club was very welcoming. Alfonzo and Miguel were very helpful and sweet. They knew what we wanted without even saying a word:) breakfast was always a good start of the day and why wouldn't it be when u have servers like Alfonzo and William. Beach was beautiful with clear blue water<3 party district was phenomenal, coco maya, la vaquita was my fav. Best mojitos I've ever experienced. Blue parrot was a party right on the beach and la pillazo was extremely unique n entertaining. Best tacos in town were at el fogon, a 10min walk from hotel. All in all I had an amaaaazing time:) I would definitely revisit playa del Carmen again and stay in the same hotel:) loved it<3

Nahida j

• Stayed: April 2013
Condohotels, jack Perlman Owner, managing director at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Nahida

Thank you and we want you to continue staying with us again N again...I would like you to know that we took apart the shower head and removed the calcium build up from the hard water and this increased the water pressure. Thank you for your glowing review and hopefully future guests who read your review will want to check out the night scene which as you say a short distance away. Let us know when you plan to return.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Its quite safe place to stay. I misread the deal I bought from QuarterOFF.com for paying 14% extra tax on top of $289 for 6 nights, at the time of check-in and that is the only surprise. The location is quite safe and is perfect for the beach destination, walking distance for everything. We went to enjoy the beach and kids loved the vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Brian,

Thank you for the glowing review. We're glad you loved our property but penalized us for someone else's action. I am sorry the company you booked your vacation through did not properly specify the extra charges for tax. If you book directly on our site and take advantage of the special promotional offers you will not only get an equivalent deal but there are no hidden charges as we outline all the costs including taxes and there are no service charges like some other booking agents tack on.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just came back from a week in unit 413, and although the condo is fantastic inside we were extremely disappointed to not be able to use the roof top at all !! First day we arrived we went up to see the view of the ocean. What we didn't expect to see was the ugly concrete chimney and extractor fan for the restaurant below! It's nasty, noisy and smelly (smells like a greasy diner up there). I complained to the front desk and they were extremely nice about it but insisted I was the first to complain...now come on...find that hard to believe. They gave me a 10% discount off the rental price. But I would have preferred a hot tub and grilling area we could use instead of a discount.

Also, unless your condo is on the ground floor you have to go up marble stairs that are constantly slippery from wet feet leaving the pool. One of my friends slipped and has a bruise on her lower back the size of a grapefruit. A woman in another condo fell and split her head open, after a visit to the hospital she spent the rest of her vacation wearing a neck brace. So are the condos beautiful? Yes. Should you rent 413? Not unless you don't plan on using the roof top. And make sure to wear shoes with non slip soles when using the stairs. The staff are lovely. Just wish someone had warned me about 413 before we went...

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Edogfairfield_CT

Dear Edogfairfield

I am sincerely sorry you were disappointed with the condition of the roof top. We have taken extra precaution and applied non skid rubber paint on the staircases in order to avoid an accident from people who walk barefoot and slip. Thank you for the glowing reviews about the condos itself and the location.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at these apartments. They were very centrally located meaning everything was walking distance, the beach is literally round the corner.
Although self catering you still had some of the luxuries of a hotel like a very efficient reception and front of house, security guard, access to The Gym, free great breakfast options.
The apartments themselves were beautifully decorated and very comfortable, the only draw back was that the aircon was maybe a bit noisy but we were lucky as we travelled in March so at night could just turn it off.
We found the best breakfast option was the beach club which had a great buffet and also menu choices that should suit most people and was delicious.
The only issue we encountered was that there is construction happening right next door and we were woken up at 6.20am on our first morning by hammering and banging on the other side of our wall. I asked to move room as this was not a good relaxing start, even though we couldn't be moved, we were looked after due to the inconvenience and the manager assured us that the building work would not start until 9am the next morning. True to his word the buidling work didn't start until 9am. Be careful though on which room you have if you want naps in the day time or late mornings.
I would come back here, it wasn't particularly cheap on the dates we wanted (over £200 per night) but we really enjoyed it.
If you want a beach location The Taj apartments looked very similar and I think are owned by the same company.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the construction work.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Me, my husband and two teenagers stayed here for four nights and loved it. We stayed in a two bedroom condo and had plenty of space for all of us. The condo was lovely, the staff really helpful, and the location perfect. 5th ave. was just a block away, as was Indigo Beach Club. The included breakfast was delicious. I loved the surrounding neighborhood. We always felt safe.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family