This was a trip with my 3 siblings and a first time for all of us to Mexico. The condo was beautiful, clean and a great quiet escape after long days of excursions or beaches. The location (1 block from the beach club and 1 block from 5th Avenue) was perfect for getting around on foot. My sister and I spent one morning at the gym (also a block away) and it was outstanding--great equipment and very clean.
We were also there during the noise problem others have mentioned. It was limited to 9 - 5pm and we barely heard a thing because we were usually gone during the day (or wanted to be). But they gave us credits for the inconvenience which we used at the beach club for drinks, etc., which we thought was fair and very appreciated.
The entire bi-lingual staff was friendly and accessible 24 hours a day. No matter what time it was, we could ask questions or get advice about where to go and how to get there. We got a great tip from the front desk on local shuttles to Tulum for 40 pesos (about $3 bucks) a piece one way.
We liked not having a typical all-inclusive resort experience because we spent more time exploring and finding new places to eat. We even spent a day over on Cozumel. The ferry is just a ten minute walk from the condo. If we had planned to stay longer we could have easily gotten groceries and cooked some meals which would have helped save money...the kitchen was very well equipped to do so. We were able to charge our drinks and meals at the beach club and other partner restaurants to our room which also made things easy.
Some people have mentioned issues about the swimming pool being small, but I loved it. It's not a great big, do a cannonball with 10 thousand screaming kids running around kind of pool. It's a relaxing, well-maintained pool with beautiful tiling--perfect for cooling off after a long day or indulging in some fresh water first thing in the morning before heading to the beach.
This condo is a true gem and I'd gladly stay there again. We had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico