We stayed 3 nights at Maya Villa Condo Hotel after spending a week at a larger resort just north of town. We loved the in town (yet away from Avenida Quinta bustle) experience at Maya Villa.
Patricia at the front desk check in (located 1/2 block away at Porto Playa, a sister condo hotel) provided a warm welcome and very helpful advice throughout our stay. At the end of our stay she detected an error on our bill and promptly corrected it, sparing us from a potential hassle later on. Thank you Patricia!
We enjoyed delicious breakfasts at Imprevist (included with our stay) and again experienced great service by waitress Elisa. We enjoyed a dinner at Imprevist too.
It was just a short walk to the Indigo beach club, where we spent most of our time. The service there was fantastic as well. The staff even moves your sun umbrella throughout the day so that it provides shade all day long. Chairs are closer together than at other clubs, but it was nice at times to chat with fellow guests yet there is enough room to relax and chill. We had read other reviews about the boats in the water, but it is not a problem to simply wade past them and enjoy the gorgeous sea.
We loved that the visits to the Gym were included with our stay and it was fun taking an early morning spin class taught in spanish. We never made it to the spa... but maybe next year, since we have already booked our next stay. We are staying at Porto Playa next time, not because of any complaints at Villa Maya, but because the roof top pool at Porto could work for a bit of lap swimming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico