“Independent living” 5 of 5 bubbles

Club Yebo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Independent living”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

Great place to stay..quiet. No phones close to a great stretch of beach

• Stayed November 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

Perfect place for the perfect price. A friend and I stayed at Club Yebo in the studio. We didn't plan on much cooking so a toaster and fridge was just fine. Enough room for the both of us, quiet, secure location (eventhough really close to some big clubs), and the avaliable use of the bigger hotel's beach front was FANTASTIC! Great for the travler who is not looking for the all-inclusive. GREAT location, great staff. I am DEFINITELY going back there next year.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

What a great place, we stayed in the 2 bedroomed ground floor apartment. plenty of space, clean etc.
The only problem I had: No full length mirror. The owner was on site during our stay, and he said he would sort it. So I feel the problem will have been solved.
No problems with noice etc.
Great location, walking distance to everything.
Would go again, (If I can get my husband on another 11 hour flight.)
I was told by a Canadian lady staying in one of the motel rooms not to post on the internet. as they like to keep this place a secret. "Sorry"
The Motel rooms $40-$45 per night, what a bargain, again large and clean, with a daily cleaner.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank tripperteam
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

I based my trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico purely on my local friends’ recommendations. So, when the name of this property came up I looked on tripadvisor.com and didn’t find much. Therefore I had to go with my instinct...

In the end, everything worked out perfectly and my trip was amazing! Playa del Carmen has the (dis)advantage of being so close to Cancun and being on the way of becoming an Americanized destination. However, even in the middle of massive constructing development it still has a bit of the small fishermen’s village feeling.

I stayed at Club Yebo, an annexed property of Playa Palms, one block away from the beach. This property is built in a very adobe style. My studio was large enough to live in! Had microwave, refrigerator, plates, silverware, glasses, coffeemaker and coffee, toaster, even frying pans! (though no hot plate). The complex also has a pool and hammocks.

Another pleasant aspect is that the cosmetics in the bathroom are all Earth friendly and that the decorations are inspired by the local artisans, adding to the authenticity of the place. But the most important aspect of Club Yebo is the silence. The rooms are located close to everything in Playa del Carmen, and still manage to provide a good, quite night sleep.

There is no restaurant on site, but plenty opportunities lay just around the corner or two blocks away, on 5th Ave – the main street and km 0 of attractions, shopping and dinning area.

All personnel speak both English and Spanish and transactions can be made in US dollars and Mexican pesos.

I will definitely stay there if I would ever go back to Playa del Carmen.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank acatri
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

Hola everyone !

My wife and i stayed at the Playa Palms property ( Club Yebo ) in May of this year and I wanted to share a little of what we found in the heart of Playa Del Carmen.

Although we did not stay at Playa Palms, the Club Yebo is owned and operated by them as a "sister" property right around the corner ! First of all I would like to tell you something about the Playa Palms resort located right on the beach in Playa Del Carmen.

This is one of the most beautiful resorts we've seen in Playa, when checking in for the "Yebo" you use the front desk at the Palms and as being part of this resort you have full access to use their beach as well !! There is also a "webcam" set up on the beach at the Palms sooooo you can tell all your friends and family back home a certain time to look for you relaxing on the sunny beaches of PDC while they slave away back home... we did !!!!

What I can tell you about the Plams ( before I tell you about the Yebo ) is this :

1st class hotel ALL THE WAY ! The most friendly staff we've encountered in PDC and the rooms simply look fantastic, we actually peaked into a room on the ground floor and found it be just beautiful ! Each room that we saw gave you a view of the beach & ocean, and the grounds are manicured to perfection. There is a pool that runs down the middle between the two sides of the Palms that has just the right depth for the kids to play in all day long while YOU relax on the beach looking at the most beautiful turquoise water found in the Riviera Maya !

This resort is located in the heart of downtown Playa Del Carmen 1 block to the famous 5th ave. and all the action and food & drink you need . The reasonable rates make it a must do stay for those wishing for a little more than a budget hotel, although I must say.... The Yebo may be less expensive than the Palms per night but as budget minded people as we are....we found that either property well exceeds in overall excellence for what you pay !

CLUB YEBO

First of all I would like to say...... be happy you check in at the "Playa Palms" to come to this resort ! I have a few friends that live in PDC so I sent them on a manhunt to find the "entrance" to the Yebo weeks before our arrival ! When you check in at the Palms they will have someone take your bags and show you the way around the corner to the entrance ( so don't worry ). It took my frineds ( who live there .... 3 days to find it ) LOL ! it is well hidden with NO signs even telling you it is there ! All I could tell you is this : Located on the corner of calle 14 and 1st Avendia. But once you are there............ OMG ! BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!

The Yebo has only 5 rooms.....we stayed in a "studio" ( like motel room in the states ) but they offer 1 and 2 bedrooms suites as well ! Our room had a queen size bed, bathroom w/shower, a/c, ceiling fan, hot plate, fridge and t.v. We cooked our own breakfast each morning as well as using the coffee maker suppied w/coffee to get us going for the day, all utinsels provided as well as plates and frying pans !

There is a GIANT Palapa right by the swimming pool outside our door ( to keep out of the sun if you wish ) and there is also a water cooler for your use. Table and chairs are provided as well as the "rooftop" of the Yebo has 2 Palapas with tables and chairs along with a BBQ to use at your convience ! Yea !!! Go to Wal-Mart or Mega .... buy some steaks and come home and make your own partaaaaaaaaaay on the "rooftop" of the Yebo !

The "groundscrew" were excellent .... the maid service was "excellent" and the security was most certainly excellent ! There is a guard that comes in....sometime in the evening and stays until GAWD WHO KNOWS into the morning ! The front gate to the Yebo is LOCKED at all times and only YOU have a key that let's you into the property. For security sake a guard still makes his rounds during the day and is posted suring the evening until the wee hours of the morning. I can tell you how I know this first hand !

My wife and I had been out on the town one evening and came back to the resort well after midnight....went into the room, opened the fridge.....grabbed a cerveza.....went out and sat under the Palapa by the pool..... and turned to my right and about had a heart attack ! Someone was there sitting in a chair not 6 feet from me !!! After I saw it was security I gulped down that cerveza in relief and said "Buenos Noches" . He said he was there to make sure everyone was safe and would be sitting there for hours !

Wherever your choice will be , Playa Palms resort or Club Yebo....you simply cannot go wrong with these wonderful resorts for the $$$ ... Absolutely amazing properies in PDC !

Many THANKS go out to "Helge" the Mgr. GREAT JOB Helge !!

8 Thank NascarDuck3