Upon arrival we were greeted by a lovely young lady who checked us in. We were earlier than check-in time but they were very accommodating and allowed us to relax by the pool under the palapa. We changed into our swimwear in a nearby restroom.We were sooo grateful because we were both overheated from the long walk from the Cozumel Ferry dock.
You see we had traveled over by ferry from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen for our last 2 days in Mexico. We thought Club Yebo looked close to the ferry dock on the map. It would have been fine if we were not lugging a suitcase and carrying backpacks in the 90 degree weather. So if you are traveling from the ferry dock to Club Yebo with suitcases I suggest catching a cab. So worth it.
Our room was lovely. We were located on the 2nd floor in an interior room just off the large tree in the middle of the complex. We had a small balcony with a table 2 chairs and a hammock. Our room was clean and cool. The room had AC and a fan. The door was a sliding door with a screen. You can choose if you wish evening breezes during the cooler part of the year or AC when it was hot. We chose AC.
The hotel is a block off the main street. And a block from several night clubs. Concrete construction, plant life, and interior room allowed for an extremely quiet night's rest. My husband took a walk before bedtime and could not believe the difference in noise once out on the street. Playa thumps with the base of the night clubs at night.
We paid $76.00US per night plus 19 %
We never used the beach because after a week on the beaches of Cozumel we wanted quiet reading by a cool refreshing pool. We didn't want to travel anywhere except out to eat.
Though there isn't a front desk person on at night there is a guard. There was also a safe in our room which really added to our peace of mind when we went out. The safe is a bit tricky to operate, but once you master it works like a charm.
My only frustration, and it didn't have to do with the staff, is that there was a guest that had a balcony over the pool area and they smoked out on their balcony. The smoke drifted down to the pool area and I had to switch to the opposite end of the pool to get away from it. Very inconsiderate guests.
The showers were clean. There was good water pressure and plenty of warm water. Plenty of towels for 2 people.
The room has a little area with dishes, eating utensils, coffee maker, refrigerator (I think I remember a blender, but it has been a few months and I can't remember).
This was our first stay in Playa del Carmen. If we ever return we will be back to Club Yebo. This isn't a 5 star hotel. But for a couple looking for an affordable retreat that is nicely appointed, quiet with friendly staff Club Yebo nails it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- - A COZY AND TRANQUIL HOTEL, RIGHT OFF THE BEACH Our well-equipped studios and apartments are set in a lush tropical and tranquil garden, in just a two minutes walk from the beach. We have intended to make the rooms a home away from home during your vacation. Our rooms have kitchen or kitchenettes so you may cook your own meals/ mix margaritas/etcetera, and enjoy them on a private balcony. Hang out on a lounger next to the pool, or take the beach kit with chairs and cooler to enjoy the Caribbean Sea. Club Yebo is a small tranquil hotel but it is also a place to socialize and make friends over a drink or BBQ in the common palapa area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelClick, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Club Yebo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Yebo Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Club Yebo Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico