I stayed at Club Yebo from 2/21/12-2/26-12. My experience was terrible. The first two nights I didn't have hot water. It was luke warm to cool. On the second day I explained this to the manager and it wasn't properly fixed. I complained again on the third day and it was finally fixed. By the fourth day the water was too hot. Cold water was not coming out to balance the temperature. It was so hot that you couldn't stand in the water without getting burned. I had to stand back and splash the water over my body. There were flies in the shower. When I turned on the water they would fly away. This was a daily occurance. I saw two roaches. I'm from NY so I've seen roaches before but in my hotel. Come on?! Seriously?! This indicates a dirty establishment. I ran out of soap and it wasn't replaced by the maid. I asked the manager and she said she would have the maid bring more soap. It was never brought. I was showering with a sliver of soap. No phone in the room. No clock radio. On the last night, the light blew out in the bathroom. I went to the office to let them know but it was closed until Monday. I had to walk to another hotel-Playa Palms, their sister hotel, to get maintenance to come and change the lightbulb and bring me more soap. What a joke! To top it off, I had to walk to Playa Palms to check out in the morning. Another inconvience when you have your bags. The Playa Palms hotel was one block away but still a major inconvienence.
The positives: Price, location and free wifi.
I felt I should have been comped a night or two for my inconveniences but it was never offered. Mexico usually has customer service down to a tee. Not this time.
As a guest in a hotel, you should never have to worry about the basics: hot water, soap, a clean room, assistance, etc.. It was a learning lesson. You get what you pay for. I will never stay at this hotel/apt again. I would not recommend this hotel/apt to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- - A COZY AND TRANQUIL HOTEL, RIGHT OFF THE BEACH Our well-equipped studios and apartments are set in a lush tropical and tranquil garden, in just a two minutes walk from the beach. We have intended to make the rooms a home away from home during your vacation. Our rooms have kitchen or kitchenettes so you may cook your own meals/ mix margaritas/etcetera, and enjoy them on a private balcony. Hang out on a lounger next to the pool, or take the beach kit with chairs and cooler to enjoy the Caribbean Sea. Club Yebo is a small tranquil hotel but it is also a place to socialize and make friends over a drink or BBQ in the common palapa area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your Club Yebo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Yebo Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Club Yebo Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico