“a surprise everyday..so clean and fresh.”

Playa del Carmen Hotel
Ranked #38 of 189 Playa del Carmen B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2013

loved here..excellent all u can eat buffets with 3 tables of foods from american style to authentic spanish foods.pina coladas flowing,excellent staff,music and the evening shows were great involving young and old audience.something for everyody to laugh with. i liked taking pics of the iquana near the pool...lol i cant spell equana

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gazagal

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My Fiancé and i stayed here for just two nights. The place was under construction when we stayed which i guess is unavoidable, and we did stay in the off season. so i guess it is a good time for the hotel to perform renovations. The workmen started work with heavy machinery at about 8am, and rather then a misfortune we took it as a blessing in disguise, causing us to rise early and enjoy the wonderful Playa Del Carmen.

The Rooms were quite large and we found ours to be quite clean. Ive read in earlier posts that the staff did not speak english, and i feel obliged to say thet we were in Mexico, a country that does speak Spanish. With that said, with our broken attempts to speak Spanish, and the staffs attempts to speak English, we got by just fine.

The pool was lovely, large and warm. There is no pool bar and i did not notice a hotel restaurant so we purchased our drinks and snacks from the store just around the corner, and the hotel staff had no issues with us sitting around the pool having a few quiet drinks.

The rooms have all that you need in them, an in room safe, free WiFi, a fridge, a microwave, coffee making facilities, TV, working air conditioner, large bathroom, and basic toiletries. The room was cleaned every day.

We found the staff to be friendly and helpful, they were able to organise transfers and shuttles from hotel to where ever we wanted to go. But they also gave advise for cheeper ways to travel. Just 2 doors down from the hotel you will find the main terminal for a public transport service called "La Colectivo" . this service cost us Mexican$30 to get from Playa Del Carmen to Tulum (approximately 60-70 Km away) cab fare cost M$600-700 so great savings if you use the Colectivo, and as mentioned it is perfectly located almost next door to the hotel.

A short 5-10 minute walk from the hotel and you will find your self at one of the most amazing beaches in the world (in my opinion) where you can just pull up a sun bed at a small cost, and drink cocktails while soaking up the rays, all at a great price. The warm waters of the Caribbean are amazing and refreshing, after spending some time in the sun.

Shopping can be done in an abundance in Playa Del Carmen, the main shopping strip is just one block from the hotel, and there is plenty on there. Along with the shopping you will find some really nice restaurants in the main strip.

If you wanted to go across the bay to Cozumel for the day, the Ferries dock is about 20 minute walk from this hotel.

All in all i think this place is perfectly located and is at a reasonable price. We found the staff to be helpful and friendly. I would recommend this place to friends and i would stay here again. We felt comfortable and really enjoyed our stay here.

And i may add, Playa Del Carmen is in Mexico, for those of you that don't know, Mexico is a Spanish speaking country, it will be helpful if you scratch up on some basic spanish before you visit.

Simon from
Melbourne Australia.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Simon R
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived from cozumel to playa del Carmen, we were trying to find this awful hotel in the map, because my husband made already a reservation, but we thought the map was incorrect and we were hiking with heavy luggage and personal things under the strong sunshine and we couldn't see it, finally my clever husband said to me "I think this is the hotel" (a messy place under construction and lot of noisy machinery) what??? Did you pay for that? Welcome to the hell!! They're really far from please the customers, because even if the rooms are clean and tidy, you cannot enjoy the peace and tranquility. This morning, I went to the toilet, and I saw a construction worker was watching me naked!!! So I became really ashamed and my husband called the supervisor in charge and they offered us to change to other room, and when we saw it, it was exactly the same, so, I preferred to tell them to cover the window, and finally they put a piece of wood. The curtains are moving all the time and when I'm in the private moment with my husband, we have to care of the privacy all the time, because such thing don't exist here! Of course the good thing is the swimming pool and rooms have a small kitchen, but the bed is awful (2 beds together to become a bigger bed) and my back is painful. The maids are good and creative, they're making towels figures and cleaning well. The safety doesn't exist here, in terms of you have to watch your step carefully, otherwise you may find a stone or a piece of steel. This morning I was coming from outside and I almost have fallen because there was a piece of steel in the entrance and nobody cared, at least they could said "madam, you all right? " but that means employees are tired of their job and they are careless of the customers. Drill sound starts from 8 am or 9 and finishes at 4 or 5 pm. That's why we are outside most of times, the wc doesn't work so good.
That's my objective review and I recommend you not to come here, I'm sure you can find cheap places too.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Catalina K
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nice hotel in a good location. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. You can get to everywhere you'd want to be either walking or taking public transport. Shops and restaurants nearby. Playa has changed a lot in the 20+ years since my last visit!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2013

What a gift this turned out to be. The rooms were clean and the views from the rooms were spectacular. The staff was very accomidating and friendly. The food was fresh and excellent and plentiful. I would definately go here and stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teessm
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice helpers at the front desk. Do not expect a bellhop--you carry your own bags to the room. The lobby is tiny and it would be nice if they had a chair or two in there. I especially liked the young man at the front desk who helped me with my pathetic Spanish. Location is near the beach and near the van transport to Cancun. Quiet area. Also near the Municipal Palace, and we had some great free entertainment offered there, which was fun to walk to.

Staff was unusually helpful and solicitous to our family member who is disabled.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

So I booked this studio apartment through my Spanish school. But unfortunately there's no kitchenette. Just a microwave, fridge and some plates. I have to wash the plates in the undersized bathroom sink. And use my towels to dry them. Very dissapointed on this front. Also the king bed is just two singles pushed together.
The guy on the front desk to an hour to check me in. I just think he's a bit slow.
The shower works well but the toilet and safe have been faulty. The TV has been barely viewable.
Also beware. This hotel books group tours in too. I had a group of young Danish people taking up my whole floor who were very loud and rude. And I am usually the loud annoying one!
Needless to say I won't be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013